Progressive Metal

inflames1919

Jul 22, 2008
So ive been working on some solo stuff, bit of groove orientated progressive metal. Still unfinished so there will be bits that just dont sound right yet. Just getting the basic structure down.

Thought I would get an opinion of a mix ive done so far.

Guitars are Schecter Blackjack C7>Maxon Od808>Line 6 Gearbox
Drums are Slate samples.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think or opinions you have on getting a better mix.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882619&songID=7382881

I HAVE UPDATED THE LINK TO A SOUNDCLICK SO ITS ALOT EASIER FOR YOU ALL TO LISTEN!! ENJOY!!

Thanks dude.
Nah not much at all. Mostly just EQ for the drums.
I blended a few different snare samples together to get that punch and did the same with the kick.

Sounds good to me. The guitar sound is really nice. But maybe a little too much low end either on the guitars or bass, I can't tell which. Something is just a little too strong in the lows. And maybe bring the guitars up just a little. (just my 2 cents) A really good start though.

And yeah, I hate this megaupload type stuff as well. Getdropbox FTW.

sounds cool. guitar noises in center might need to come up a tad.

Djent Island ahoy!

The mix is good, here's my suggestions:

More room sound on the drums.

Make it more interesting. No offense, but it lost my attention pretty fast and I'm a huge prog-rock fan.

-Greg

Djent Island ahoy!

The mix is good, here's my suggestions:

More room sound on the drums.

Make it more interesting. No offense, but it lost my attention pretty fast and I'm a huge prog-rock fan.

-Greg

Thanks for the feedback!!
Yeah at the moment the song is quite bare, its still unfinished so it does sound quite boring at times.
Just got the main structure down.
Agree on the drums, they do need a bit more room to them.
Thanks again :headbang:

I think the guitars are too dark. Add some more presence to them and they will sound pretty good. Like mentioned earlier I also would like to hear more room sound to the drums. Those are the two things that stick out to me the most. Hope it helps.