Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Bearable

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Tedious

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Self Indulgent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hehehehe.... Symphony, you have touched my weakest and softest spot with this question - for prog metal is my most-most-most favoured style of all music, with Threshold being my most-most-most-most favoured band of all (how great seeing them listed as faves by some others here, too!).
To me, they combine highly complex arrangements (and not being too "clinically overly technical"!) with mountains of depth and substance and power and emotion - but still always being very "song-based" in such a perfect manner as never heard in any other band before or after..... :D

So, yeah... Prog rules.... most my faves most of you have already listed - I'd throw in RUSH for completion sake, since I've not seen anywhere mentioned yet.

Hey, Symphony! You'll cover a YES song???!!! "Owner of a lonely heart" surely would ROCK (has that one been covered at all as of yet??) - or how about "Changes" ?? (my personal fave on 90125 - and your cover would have to be off this album, don't you think?)

hehe...Madrigal....as you may have gathered I'm the "proggy" member of Power Quest.

I'm not sure if anyone has covered "Owner of a lonely Heart" or not....it's getting harder to find quality songs that haven't been interpreted by someone else. "Changes" is another possibility..I hadn't thought of that.

Threshold are great for all the reasons you mentioned and the fact that they are regular, down to earth guys. Recording our album with Karl Groom was an awesome month for us.

Does that mean you are trying to bring in some "proggy" elements into Power Quest then (or have you already? - I only heard one of your tracks so far....) I think a *slight edge* of it suits almost every Power Metal band and makes it more special.

Errrm.... and may I ask the rather stupid (sorry if even ignorant!) question what your instrument is in PQ ?? All I know is that it's NOT the bass, hehehehehe.......

Yeah, Threshold being the most down-to-earth, friendly (and let me add a female "gorgeous") blokes does add to it all, and I can imagine it must have been just great having Karl as your producer -- he's pure *magic* at the desk indeed and will surely have given PQ a MIGHTY, CRISP and FAT sound !! :)

Any funny or interesting stories???

-- I nicked the pic of him off your website already, hehehehehe!

There are a couple of moments on the album and one track in particular where we diversify somewhat! But I personally feel that the song in question is the strongest one.

I'm the keyboard player in the band...certainly not the bass!

There are one or two amusing tales from the recording sessions but shoudl I divulge them? hmm.....

No problemo about the pic....help yourself to any of 'em!

Once I got your album I'll tell you which track I'll like best and then let's see if it matches with the one you mentioned !

Aha... the keyboarder! May I ask what you play? Are you a "Korg-ician" as well?

Hmmmm... maybe you can tell me those stories in private, if they are a little too... erm... "private" ??!! ;)

Cheers - the pics on your site are really nice indeed! You guys of PQ all look really cute, too.... but so thin and skinny!!! Don't you have any females to feed you properly (like mothers, grannies, girlfriends or the like?!) ? :lol:

Madrigal.....yep 'fraid so! Another Korger! Currently playing a Trinity Pro and Prophecy as my main kit. Although I'm going to branch out to include some Nord keyboards (as used by Derek Sherinian) for the next album. It's a case of finding some money though...as always!

The stories aren't particularly sordid at all...more stupid and silly....I'll tell you a couple sometime!

Slim...haha...not thin and skinny! hehe! And yes, we do get fed properly...well some of us anyway!

On the subject of long posts...I prefer longer messages. Kinda gives you something to think about

Hey, KORG RULES!!! :)

And *you* rule, too, for saying you kinda like long posts!!!! Wow... you know, I'm always feeling somewhat embarassed about mine being so verbose often..... (well, not meaning I always have good things to say that make you think! But just... well... ramble-ramble-ramble.... for I love to look at things from ALL angles... and.... ah.... BLAH.... could get lost already again!!! Help!! hahahahahaha)

Erm...no insult meant about your "slim" shapes! Hehehehehe.... it just stroke me as "blimey, they ALL look thin!" - that's all! Maybe it was just the light on that particular picture - maybe it's because one tends to get used to the picture of mainly overweight people dominating every landscape or town by now!

hehehehe... nah, really nothing wrong with your image or looks otherwise.... hey.... you're British after all, and Brits.... like Korg or long posts.... RULE!!! :lol:

This was probably my strangest post ever!!!