progressive/neoclassic/power metal (mp3)

I mixed a couple of demo tracks for two of my friends yesterday.. singer L-G Persson (from my own band The Storyteller) and Per Nilsson (guitar virtuoso from Scar Symmetry, Altered Aeon etc). Not a very serious recording; no real bass for example, just a clean guitar pitched down 1 octave... and the guitars were Guitar Rig and sounded pretty bad, so I reamped them through my PODxt. I tried to make everyting sound as good as possible, even though some of the raw tracks weren't very good. :)

Well, take a listen: http://fredrikgroth.com/track1.mp3

Cheers and goodnight; over and out from Sweden! :headbang:

Awesome. This is hands down the best recording I have heard from this board. Might have something to do with the fact that it is a fully produced song instead of just work-in-progress, but you could burn this onto a CD and sell it right away. Great stuff (says one who rarely ever listens to classical/true-metal)!!

Thanks BD & Moonlapse!

The drums samples are booooring; I don't have the skills to make DFHS sound more alive actually. Any suggestions?

And about Per, yes he's truly incredible! He plays ultra-clean and has a very natural flow. Did you listen to the solo in Track2 as well?

Fkn awesome...

Hey...What bass drum samples did you use and how did you get that flappy sound?

Loved it..

Man I totally love Scar Symmetry!!!!!!
Usually I'm not that fond of grunts and growls but the music does it man.
These two songs kick ass as well. Per Nilsson has such a recognizable style of soloing. Smooth, fresh and clean.
Great job on the production Storyteller!
Is this project going to be serious or does it depend on the feedback overhere, hehehehehe.
You said guitars were reamped via podxt, does that include the leads as well?

Per sounds like George Lynch mixed with a tinge of Holdsworth or something on those legato runs. Crazy stuff, I love it. Got me wondering whether there's any excercises around to develop fluid playing and phrasing like that...

Moonlapse said:
Per sounds like George Lynch mixed with a tinge of Holdsworth or something on those legato runs. Crazy stuff, I love it. Got me wondering whether there's any excercises around to develop fluid playing and phrasing like that...

Indeed crazy stuff, some of the best leads I've heard lately.
Been figuring out some of his solo's, I guess he also taps a lot of notes to create some wide intervals. Insanely clean playing.

TheStoryteller said:
I mixed a couple of demo tracks for two of my friends yesterday.. singer L-G Persson (from my own band The Storyteller) and Per Nilsson (guitar virtuoso from Scar Symmetry, Altered Aeon etc). Not a very serious recording; no real bass for example, just a clean guitar pitched down 1 octave... and the guitars were Guitar Rig and sounded pretty bad, so I reamped them through my PODxt. I tried to make everyting sound as good as possible, even though some of the raw tracks weren't very good. :)

Well, take a listen: http://fredrikgroth.com/track1.mp3

Cheers and goodnight; over and out from Sweden! :headbang:
Impulses?