Progtology

Ed: I would probably need some help transcribing the bass, and my first question is if you really play that fast run at 00:38? I think I hear a bass there but I have no idea how on earth you would play it if that's the case. If you don't play the run, what do you play there?

And what does you and the rhythm guitar play during the guitar solo? I thought the guitar played C#m's and C's all the time but it doesn't sound like the bass does?

Now I'm not sure at all...Now I think it goes something like |C#m |C#m |F/C |F/C |C#m |F#/C# |F/C |F/C |F#/C# |F#/C# |F/C |F/C ||

F/C = 8-8-10-10-8-8, F#/C# = 9-9-11-11-9-9

Hope you understand and know what is really played because I'm quite sure that I'm wrong...

I really need to fix my headphones :err:

And I got hold of Prognosis today and might tab that too later if I find the time. I feel that would be a lot harder to tab, because there is more leads in it, but atleast there are no strange chords.

BTW, I would appreciate any help I could get on the Progtology tab (see above post)

The first little break I don,t play just Bill and Doug do. I have to listen to what you mean by the guitar part and such. I will check it out.

Good work :tickled:

Asmogriff said:
Ed: I would probably need some help transcribing the bass, and my first question is if you really play that fast run at 00:38? I think I hear a bass there but I have no idea how on earth you would play it if that's the case. If you don't play the run, what do you play there?

And what does you and the rhythm guitar play during the guitar solo? I thought the guitar played C#m's and C's all the time but it doesn't sound like the bass does?

Now I'm not sure at all...Now I think it goes something like |C#m |C#m |F/C |F/C |C#m |F#/C# |F/C |F/C |F#/C# |F#/C# |F/C |F/C ||

F/C = 8-8-10-10-8-8, F#/C# = 9-9-11-11-9-9

Hope you understand and know what is really played because I'm quite sure that I'm wrong...

I really need to fix my headphones :err:

Prognosis is on it's way by the way. I've worked up to the bass interlude without problems so far.

Nice work Asmo man

Hey this is pretty damn good.

The slap stuff is a bit whacky and from gig to gig you can get anything on any givin night, although I tried to keep it the same :Spin:

Prognosis is a lot easier for sure the bass part in the middle of that one is simple just fiths on fiths slapping the chords out. The riffing part after that actually is the mother f@#$% :cry:

I wrist killer but fun! this one was the most fun of all songs on the tour this time for me and just flat our rocks!

Again nice work.

Asmogriff said:
Prognosis is on it's way by the way. I've worked up to the bass interlude without problems so far.

Thanks!

I have a question regarding the bass part in the middle. Are there two layers of bass (one for the slaps and one for the one in the background) or are there only one?

Just one...........................

And they were made up on the spot, just Doug and I straight into the board having a blast :)

I start the bass fills on the C and D notes, they are two notes each time leading into the crazy slaps. The slaps are in C and then D with some movement, and then just straight pull offs in the second C, octaves with an open E over and under with the thumb and ring finger, On the last one I lower the Kubicki,s lever from E to low D and cross all the strings with the first and third fingers slapping down on all the strings.

Nice work on this. And slap away!

Oh I didn't mean that crazy slap-part I meant the calm one before, I should've made myself clearer.

Because I think that I can hear both a slap and a regular note at the same time during the calm part.

EDIT: And I don't really understand the crazy part either.

Does it go something like:

S S E E E E E E E E E E E S S E E E E E E E E E E E
|-----------7h9-|-------------|-------7---7h9-|-------------|
|-------5-------|---5---5-----|---------------|---5---5-----|
|---------------|---------7---|---------------|---------7---|
|-0-0-----------|-------------|-0-0-----------|-------------|

Or what is the first note (which I have selected as two open E's)?

Hmmmmmm your talking about the Prognosis part then hey?

I thought you were asking about the Progtology slaps they are not too calm :) just weird

Let me check this out.

Oh I should've made myself clearer there too, then :)

Yep I was talking about Prognosis, thanks for helping me out, man :)

Good Asmo

Hey email this one this one to me and I will check it out.

It looks pretty damn close to me.

Some of these lines are a bit whacky :0