Protools assign multiple outputs

colynomial

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
wearetulip.com
Alright this is starting to drive me nuts. Everywhere I look seems to suggest that I should be able to Ctrl + Click on outputs to assign multiple paths to the same track. So I have a track, output is going to 1 and 2, I hold Ctrl click on the output drop down and click on 3 and 4. It should now go to both 1-2 and 3-4. This is not the case...

What am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of preference I need to turn on? I'm stilling using 7.3...

All other commands work, like global Alt + Click to change everything or Alt + Shift + Click for selected track changes.

What he said.
The Manual said:
Multiple Output Assignments
Pro Tools audio, Auxiliary Input, and Instru- ment tracks can be assigned to multiple output paths. Assigning to multiple paths is an efficient way to route an identical mix to other discrete outputs, for simultaneous monitor feeds, head- phone mixes, or other situations where a paral- lel mix is needed.
To assign a track to multiple outputs: 1 Assign a main output path by selecting it from
the track’s Output Path selector.
2 Start-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) an additional output path in the track’s Output Path selector. The newly selected output desti- nation is added as an additional output.

:Smug:

My brain just doesn't associate the Windows key with playing any useful role within software. Apparently Ctrl on Mac != Ctrl on PC, who knew? Hahaha... ha...

:Smug:

My brain just doesn't associate the Windows key with playing any useful role within software. Apparently Ctrl on Mac != Ctrl on PC, who knew? Hahaha... ha...

no
Command on a mac = ctrl on a PC
Control on a mac = WinKey on PC
Alt/Option on a mac = Alt on a PC

IMO the PC layout is more ergonomic for the most commonly used tasks like copy, cut, paste etc. Pinky instead of thumb for most commands.