Routing Click in Cubase 5

Forgive me for my ignorance please- I'm retarded when it comes to midi since I have almost no experience with using it with my interface.

I bought a Presonus HP60 and I'm trying to route the click track to multiple outputs so them guys tracking can actually use it

Did a search and read that you guys are sending the midi out on the click to a VSTi channel and sending that to a different out (006 was very frustrated with the laziness)

I have the VSTi track set up with all inputs available. I don't see an output setting in the metronome setup except for "Activate midi click" that has been defaulted to Presonus midi channel 10. And I'm retarded and have no idea where any midi communication is going or where the click midi is...

I'm totally lost on what to do next here. It's just that step in between from my interface midi out to groove agent that has me stumped.

Could anyone take the time to help me out or possibly send a snapshot of something I'm missing here?

Appreciate the time taken to help a noob out- I'm stoked to use this hp60. No more Y-cable bullshit.:yuk:

Might have just solved my own problem-

On my vst connections I can actually select which outputs on my interface I want the click track audio to be sent to.

I set up my output connections as 4 stereo outs. Main mix is the first. Tracking instrument is second. Instrumental mix is third and then I just have the click track on the fourth stereo out. All of these stereo outs have been sent to their own pairs of mono outs on my interface and patched to the back of the HP60. So the only downside to this is that right now only 1 single person who is being tracked has control over the volume of their instrument v. the phone mix/ click I have set up through "sends" on each instrument. Works for me for now as I don't plan on doing any crazy live recordings anytime soon:Spin:

I just use Control Room. With that you can set up 4 performer headphone mixes, a main control room mix, and a control room headphone mix.

Then you can preview anyone else's mix on any of the other outputs. So say dude A wants more bass guitar, you can preview his mix in the control room and up the bass to a reasonable level.

You can route the click routing and level, listen back level capability. You can even do a initial mix on the main mixer, copy the settings to each performer and then adjust from there.

If your interface supports direct monitoring, you can even get zero latency (with no FX of course). But typically I can run a 256 buffer and be fine, then just do vocals with zero latency later.

Well this is how you route the click to a VSTi:
There is an easier way. I'm actually surprised that this isn't common knowledge. I HATE that stupid default beep that cubase comes with.:

1st thing, you NEED a drum VSTi. (halion might have a preset that will work, I don't mess with it that much so your on your own if you want to give that a shot).

This one works fine for the purpose of showing you this: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/drumcore/downloads/#DrumCoreFREE

You have to have the above installed or this won't make sense (NOTE: This doesn't work in cubase LE version 1 and 4 <never used 5> for some reason, I HAVE TRIED IT. In LE you have to setup an instrument track and write in the on/off notes and make your own click. It sucks but it's the way it is):

For essential, studio and 5 though (this method works for versions 4 and 3 as well):

First (essential and studio won't have this many menu options but this item is in all versions of cubase):

Screenshot2010-12-02at35445AM.png

Then this window shows up:

Screenshot2010-12-02at35502AM.png

Load up drumcore 3 (might be in a different directory, I'm picky where my plugins are located so they are easier to navigate through)

Screenshot2010-12-02at35512AM.png

When this screen shows up hit cancel (you don't need a midi track):

Screenshot2010-12-02at35525AM.png

The gui for drumcore 3 should pop up, when it does just get rid of it. The default kit that loads is the acoustic kit and the one you probably are going to want. There is also a electronic sounding kit if you want to mess with it.

Screenshot2010-12-02at35535AM.png

If you started a new project with no audio or midi tracks your edit window should now look like so:

Screenshot2010-12-02at35548AM.png

Ok now we need to tell cubase to use drumcore for the click instead of that shitty beep nonsense:

Screenshot2010-12-02at35556AM.png

Un-check this shit:

Screenshot2010-12-02at35607AM.png

Activate midi click:

Screenshot2010-12-02at35616AM.png

This is what it looks like when you check it (those notes might be set different though):

Screenshot2010-12-02at35625AM.png

You want it to look like this (if you want to use the high hats instead for the click sound find that midi note and use that, C#1 is for the sidestick sound):

Screenshot2010-12-02at35632AM.png

That's all there is to it, now the C button will turn this click on and off instead of that stupid beep sound. :)

There ya go.