Protools help??

Lintinanims

Skullet Engineer. METAL!
Mar 20, 2012
Casper Wyoming
So I've got Protools 10, an eleven rack, and 2 8 channel firestudios. I'm trying to track drums but am running into the problem of interface control. I'd really like to be able to use both interfaces at once though with windows I cannot. I like the guitar processing on the eleven rack but need the 16 inputs on the firestudios for the purpose of drums. Is there a way to use the fire studios and my main interface(s if they can be chained into one, I think they can the universla control) and "sidechain" the eleven rack as a guitar processor. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work.

I could be completely wrong but I was under the impression that the Eleven rack could be used as an external amp-sim insert. Perhaps not if you're not using it as your primary interface though.
If that doesn't work, you could always just run your guitar through Eleven and into a channel of the Firestudio for your recording IO?

I tried chaining(SPDIF) and I might be misunderstanding how to make this work but it didn't seem to work. And actually if possible I'd really like to make the fire studio my main interface and use the 11Rack as my external guitar processor, however I'm not sure how to do that.. I set the Firestudio as my main interface in protools but event hough it reads as the firestudio and not the eleven rack I still can only use inputs for the eleven rack?? Do I have to route the 8 inputs on the Firestudio manually through protools and if so how would I do that??

You can use both interfaces by creating an aggregate device but after that you may still need to go into your i/o settings and add the additional inputs and outputs. The manual outlines both of these tasks so I'm not going to copy and paste it here.