Provinssirock, FIN

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
Right. Where to begin?
Maybe I should say at first: this is NOT a review of the gig itself. We all know they play fucking well, they know what they´re doing, they rule. I love them.
The setlist was exactly the same as in Moscow, at least I think so... and surely Roswell 47 passed in a form of Finland 47. I quess the same setlist will follow through all the fests, we´ll see. It IS a good one.
Didn´t get the change to meet them, they left right after the gig, I heard. And I had some other people to meet right after the gig so... but that´s ok.
Now I´m just waiting for Wacken.

I´m hoping that the audience will be better in Wacken than it was in Finland, in the land of fuckfaced idiots. Certainly I KNEW what was going to happen and what I was sticking my head in to, but I simply was too naive to think that maybe...just maybe it wouldn´t be that bad.
It wasn´t, it was worse.
Oh well, the whole thing of me going there was doomed in the first place.
WHY? just WHY they played at Provinssi? WHY didn´t they play infront of an audience that would´ve understood what it saw? ..infront of an audience that would´ve appreciated more? Infront of a METAL AUDIENCE for fuck sake!!!
Mr.Tägtgren said the audience ruled. WRONG! Even I don´t want to question an oppinion made by the god of music. Still WRONG!
Let me tell you what happens when a band like Hypocrisy comes to Finland. Everybody gets SO drunk they don´t remeber what they saw/ what happened. Since we get to see good bands rarely and when we do, these things happen. What is the fucking point in THAT?
The only thing that people want to do is to cause as much damage as they possibly can.
You buy a bottle of beer. Where´s the idea of throwing that over everybody?
Moshpit. There should be a different area to those who want to participate.
A guy came out of the audience who had hurt his hand.
A guy came out of the audience who had twisted his ancle and ended up lying in pain on the ground for the rest of the gig.
A guy came out.. his face was covered with blood.

I kinda agree that those things "belong" in a scene of metal gig. KIND OF.
I don´t enjoy it. And MAYBE it shouldn´t be that way. It makes US who´d like to watch the gig in peace, with having our own silent party which includes partying like hell but without hurting anybody else, having a shitty time, since we have to go to the backrows, and not seeing well the band we came to see.
I paid 46e just to see Hypocrisy. Even when they were in the shittiest festival the world has. We drove there before they started and drove away after they had stopped.
And let me tell you another thing. When I get pissed, I stay that way for a long time and it is deep, violent hatered. So this was the first time I longed for the gig to end. I couldn´t enjoy it even I tried VERY hard since the band was Hypocrisy. HYPOCRISY, you hear.
And that is so fucked up.

So FUCK FINLAND.

I can imagine how it went, since i don't like violent moshpits either...a good moshpit is always nice to see, but when someone gets hurt or i see blood involved, you can count me out :yuk:

Lumi...maybe you should consider moving to another country ;)

I'm sorry to hear that :( .. I had the same with a Metallica gig in 1999. It just sucks when so many people are totally drunk.. are bottles allowed on the festivals/gigs in Finland?? Here we have quite strict controlls which I think is sometimes quite good..

But why Iceland? *g* They even have less gigs than in Finland :ill: *g*

The bottle-system in Finland varies from festival to festival, in Provinssi the system was that no bottles were allowed inside the festival area, you had to pour them into plastic "pints" with lids (which leaked) and carry them into the area. Bad idea in my opinion, I like the one at Tuska festival better, only plastic bottles are allowed. Those didn't cause too much trouble (I think).
Anyways, before Hypocrisy there was some Finnish band called Diablo playing before them on the stage so I thought that I'd secure myself a spot from the front row by going there early. That was a BAD mistake. Diablo itself wasn't that bad, but I got caught at the moshpit (I suppose the same one that was going on later at Hypocrisy). A moshpit where people had lidless pints at hands, filled with beer and/or other alcoholic beverages. Result: a pintful of beer right at my face and clothes, when some bus-sized guy decided to trample straight over me. And as lumitalvi said, I neither understand what's the point with people getting so drunk they don't understand anything about what's going on and just want to cause damage. I got really pissed from becoming trampled as I'm not a real big fan of moshpits, especially when it gets out of control. But I finally ended up at the middle of the front row, where it wasn't so bad. Of course there was the squeezing and pushing against the rail but I had already prepared for that so it wasn't really bad. That's what you get for going to the first row anyways. From the show itself I enjoyed, saw them first time live there. Provinssi was a bad place and I would have liked to see them at Tuska-festival instead but I guess you can't have it all.
Hopefully (actually no need for hope since I know) you'll have a lot better time at Wacken than you did at Provinssi, lumitalvi.

Hypocrisy was awesome! And i do not have any complaint about the audience, i was in the front row whole gig so i did not get caught by the moshpit. My friend was in the moshpit all the time and said it was okay and he did not mention anything about injuries?

Lumitalvi, why the hell did you not come to front row? There was no violent action there... Your complaining was rather useless, you should be more open minded.

Hypocrisy was the best band on Saturday. I did know they should be good, but it was more than i expected!!

@Eos: Right... sorry, just like Vesq said, no bottles. I didn´t know the word "pints". And Iceland...anywhere with snow and ice, and I´ll be very pleased.

And @AurianEyes: I knew that was coming. Easy for you to say "come to the first row" and all. I would´ve if I had the chance BEFORE the gig. Didn´t. And when there were people already it was impossible, since I´m not a huge strong man.
And I´m not going to start about the open mindness, since with all due respect, you don´t know shit about where I stand.

Lumitalvi, where was you during concert. In back or middle? What was the action there? I was not in the front row before the gig, i just ran there when they announced them in. Lumitalvi, you don't have to be big strong man to make your way to the front, just a right kind of attitude:) You always get some bruises and knocks when you're banging in front, but it i'm used to it. If you just want to watch the gig you should stay in back, but if you wanna go crazy, yell-along and mosh till your head drops you should try to make it to the front where everybody should act like that.

@AE: I was leaning on the middle- fence and taking pics. So it was the "civilization" area, where all the old farts usually are :lol: Yeahyeah, I get your point. :p
Still.. When people get crazy they should have some point in it. When I party, I do it in my own space, hitting others as less as I possibly can.
And I quess I´m lacking that attitude you mentioned...
I want to go crazy and watch the gig at the same time. Not possible, eh?

Voihan vitun vittu. En ois perkele uskonu tuommosta ruikutusta näkeväni Hypon sivuilla. Onhan tuo saatana niin vitun naurettavaa.
Tajuatko sinä saatanan lumitalvi, että nämä on Hypocrisyn fanisivut, toistan vittu vielä niin että ymmärrät: HYPOCRISYN FANISIVUT.
Ei saatana. Tässä on pakko olla kysymyksessä se, että sinun elämäsi on todella päin persettä. Suosittelen tuommoisen ruikutuksen kohteeksi suosikkia tai reginaa, saatana.
Jos ei eturivin meininki passaa, ole takana, mutta älä jumalauta täällä ruikuta.
Vittu mee kattomaan jotain Mariah Careytä, vai syyttäisitkö silloin eturiviläisiä kirkumisesta, voihan vitun vittu!
Jos hävettää olla Suomalainen, niin ota käsilaukkus ja ala nostella. Pohjolassa ei sinua tarvita!

Kiitos samoin.

EDIT: peruutus edelliseen. Minä olen tämän laudan vakikäyttäjä ja tunnen useimmat muista vakikäyttäjistä. JOS päätän puhua välillä jostain muustakin kuin bändistä, kuten esimerkiksi siitä kuinka paska paikka Provinssi on, sen ei pitäisi olla niin vitun kamalaa.
Tiedän. Olis tästä voinut olla hiljaakin. Tiedän. Vitun lapsellista ja voivoivoi.
Vitut siitä. Puhun kavereilleni täällä. Ja vaikka olenkin vitun ylpeä suomalaisuudestani, siihenkin saa vittuuntua. Syystä.

So basically I was told to fuck off. That´s ok. I explained my reasons.

if they see that something harmful is going on, bands should be the first to voice their disapproval. everyone always says that the audience rocked, while they should have the guts to tell them they're a bunch of idiots for acting stupid.
still, if the crowd reaction in finland is so out of control, this must be related to issues that run deep in the community: pack your bags, lumi, i'll help you cover your tracks. ;)

edit: this board's colours make me seasick.

From what i saw the moshpit/slam dance area did have a fair play feeling, if someone fell to the ground it he was instantly picked up by fellow pitters. If you call that a violent moshpit, you obviosly havent seen the ones in Slayer concerts :)

Of course when bands see that fair play feeling is gone and it turns into fighting, bands should stop playing and that kind of idiots who start fighting should be removed from the area instantly. That kind of assholes we're not in the pit during Hypocrisy.

lumitalvi said:
It makes US who´d like to watch the gig in peace, with having our own silent party which includes partying like hell but without hurting anybody else, having a shitty time, since we have to go to the backrows, and not seeing well the band we came to see.
Exactly. I love seeing a moshpit but don't like to be in one (anymore). Usually this isn't a problem, but there's nothing worse than a crowd full of assholes.

I'm sure Wacken's crowd will be better. :)

Hearse said:
I never really understood moshpits, but then, it's just me.
I mean, I enjoy watching the gigs, having fun etc...
but the people "usually" in moshpits just wants to loose controll and mosh around pushing and shoving...
without even actually watching the gig itself.
That's ok for me, I dont need to be there, but... why the moshpits must be in the front where are also the people that wants to "watch" the gig.

but then, there isn't really anything you can do for this.
my personal opinion is that it's idiotic, but who am I to judge.

Yeah, too bad they didn't have screens in saarilava so you guys could "watch" the gig :)

Jokes aside, everyone has their opinion about pits and mine is that they belong to this kind of music. They are not in front row, at least the pit was not in front row during hypo. I'm repeating myself i know, sorry, but i was just terrified about that first message where Finland's hypo fans we're dissed big time.

lumitalvi said:
Yes. I was extremely pissed. But like I said, I´ll come around. And I can say I now have.

EDIT: Pics are possibly coming sometime in the near future. Not promising anything, though.

Yes! That would be nice, i thank you even for trying to get the pics here:))

EDIT: Typohypo