PRS SE models? Allender?

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
Seen one new for $550. Picked it up, plugged it in, played for a few minutes. Seems good from that quick test. People seem to dig it... i'd rather hear some opinions from you fuckers.

How are these PRS SE models? Im not huge on anything Korean made, TBH, but I've gotta pick up a couple more axes for gigging, so Im not trying to spend a shitload, but I'd like some playable quality.

I own one of the Mushok Baritone SE's. The neck feels really similar to my Custom 22, and it's a solid guitar. Very loud and toneful unplugged. I swapped out the electronics and threw some PRS pickups in it. Honestly I thought the stock pickups were ok, but I got rid of them right away.

I'd really like to grab one the SE One's for that soapbar sound.

I just worry about Korean made axes, AND I dunno much about PRS's SE line so I was checking for quality control, hahah.. but yeah.. built in EMG's with a coil tap... pretty sick option IMO

I've got a PRS Tremonti SE and it's probably the most naturally resonant guitar I have. Excellent build quality. Only thing that I can knock is that the pots got very scratchy after about a year.

I'm not sure about the allender model, but the SE I had to record a while ago was really muddy. Played nicely, but the clarity left a lot to be desired. Having said that, I can see an EMG in the bridge would make a very fat sounding guitar for metal.

I played a couple a few days ago. I particularly liked the neck profile on the Allender.

I think they're solid guitars. On part with the higher-end LTD's and Schecters. They're probably made in the same factory too.

I had the chance to try one and, i liked the feel the tone and finish, but i don`t like the Batman inlays :)
Recently a new signature model is available the PRS SE MIKE AKERFELDT, guitar looks wery good, and it`s carved top, not flat

The Opeth logo is actually not that bad in person. It's at least much less flashy as they make it out to be on the site's photos.

But singlecuts with trems are not my favorite, TBH, which is a shame. I'd love the SE Akerfeldt otherwise.