prs singlecut satin trem

themaster

Jun 18, 2006
Hi does anyone have one of these guitars if they do what do they think about them also if anyone has a prs ce 22 trem guitar what do they think about these

also any examples of users of these guitars

thankyou

Hi does anyone have one of these guitars if they do what do they think about them also if anyone has a prs ce 22 trem guitar what do they think about these

also any examples of users of these guitars

thankyou

Haven't played one of the satin finished ones yet, but as a rule, you really can't go wrong with anything PRS makes. From the bottom of the line to the top, they make nothing but quality instruments with the best factory setup in the business.

Thanks guys

I have only played a couple of prs guitars one was a standard wow and the other is a mccarty1 which is ok, very good but no wow factor and doesnt speak to me like the standard did. I cant afford a standard like the one i played as that was used and i dont fancy ebay.

Haven't played one of the satin finished ones yet, but as a rule, you really can't go wrong with anything PRS makes. From the bottom of the line to the top, they make nothing but quality instruments with the best factory setup in the business.

Lies. They make "good" stuff, but their low end is horrid, and the "good" ones are priced triple what they're worth.

Thumbs down.

Lies. They make "good" stuff, but their low end is horrid, and the "good" ones are priced triple what they're worth.

Thumbs down.

Dunno about "lies" so much as just a different opinion. You don't like them, fine, but I can tell you having seen and setup new guitars from just about every major manufacturer, that even in their low end, PRS guitars come out-of-the-box setup better than any other brand. Their QC is also superior dollar-for-dollar than any other brand I've worked with. (Heritage guitars come awfully close, though!)

"Triple what they're worth"?! Bullshit! I can buy a brand spankin' new Singlecut 250 with a sick flamed top for about $2300, which compared to other high-end guitars is more than reasonable considering the quality of the instrument you're getting for the money. This is pretty much the exact same amount you would expect to pay for a new Les Paul Standard, (You'd better take about 3 grand with you if you want a Custom!) which if you ask anyone in the retail biz, they'll tell you that you have only about a 50% chance of getting one really worth owning. Top-of-the-line guitars by Jackson & ESP go for about the same, and several other manufacturer's high-end axes go for considerably more, namely Dean, who has the audacity to charge four grand for their top-shelf, USA Hardtails, which while being very nice guitars, are basically PRS clones. Boutique brands? Tom Anderson, Suhr, etc., forget it! Great guitars, but you're not touching one for less money! Hell, if you like Gibson SGs, you can pick up a new PRS Mira for under $1500, and they'll fucking smoke any SG you've ever played!

Thumbs-down back atcha on this one, bud.

Oh please, there's a lot of assumptions on your part in that paragraph. Let me clear them up.

1. Gibson is overpriced as well. Not a good choice for benchmark comparison.
2. $2300 for a USA Jackson is getting ripped off.
3. I believe PRS' quality control is as you say, but then again, it should be, given how much extra you're paying them for it.
4. The hardware and construction on SE models is hardly worth what they sell for, and you can easily find better instruments for less.
5. I never said I didn't like PRS. If someone handed me one, I'd keep it and be very happy. But I would never pay the asking price.

Oh please, there's a lot of assumptions on your part in that paragraph. Let me clear them up.

1. Gibson is overpriced as well. Not a good choice for benchmark comparison.
2. $2300 for a USA Jackson is getting ripped off.
3. I believe PRS' quality control is as you say, but then again, it should be, given how much extra you're paying them for it.
4. The hardware and construction on SE models is hardly worth what they sell for, and you can easily find better instruments for less.
5. I never said I didn't like PRS. If someone handed me one, I'd keep it and be very happy. But I would never pay the asking price.

Well, one of us is "assuming", anyway! Just curious, but how much actual hands-on experience do you have setting up and working on different guitars, PRSes in particular? I've done it part-time for years (mostly just because I just like screwin' around with guitars & hangin' out in music stores!) and I've spent quality bench-time on all kinds of guitars by lots of different manufacturers, so I'm basing my opinion on actual, hands-on experience. What exactly are you formulating your opinion on?

Gibsons (Les Pauls) are overpriced, but really only because their quality is so infamously inconsistent. However, in the words of Joe Bonamassa: "If you get a good one, you can rule the world!" Also, what exactly, in your estimation, constitutes "overpriced"? Just curious, because it seems to be a rather vague commentary.

USA Jackson SL2H Soloist prices online:
$2060 - SameDayMusic.com (doesn't appear this includes a case, either!)
$2299.99 - Musician's Friend
$2059.99 - Zzounds.com (no case?)

Hardware not worth what an SE sells for? Only $600 buys you an SE online, and I've personally sold one brand new for $500! ("buddy" deal) I've worked on these and played quite a few of them, and I promise you, the hardware, workmanship and electronics are superior to the vast majority of guitars in this price range. Care to provide any specific examples or other empirical evidence of other instruments in this price range that are better made/equipped? As for the American-made ones, again, what other, better guitars are you trying to say can be had for $2300? Give me something a bit more specific if you're gonna call me out on it, at least!

As for what you will/can pay for a guitar, that pretty much depends on the person and their bank account, doesn't it?

I respect your right to your opinion/conjecture, just so long as you realize that the list of people who would vehemently disagree with you is both very long and very distinguished!

people people. carvin. cheap. good.

end.

Carvin might be one of the only examples I'd agree on based on consistently excellent quality and bang-for-the-buck factor. Still very close to two grand for a California Single optioned up to the level of an SC 250, though.

Heritage guitars would be another one for just under two grand that offers meticulous, consistent build quality, excellent feaures (fantastic Lollar pickups, in particular!) and great playability.

Heh, I'm not going to argue, but suffice to say I've not bought into the PRS hype. Not after as many as I've played. I've never liked Gibson. You may have set up more guitars than I have, but I'm no ignorant fool either. Oh well, our opinions differ.

Heh, I'm not going to argue, but suffice to say I've not bought into the PRS hype. Not after as many as I've played. I've never liked Gibson. You may have set up more guitars than I have, but I'm no ignorant fool either. Oh well, our opinions differ.

Cool... we agree to disagree, works for me!

So, we boys again? lol