PRS SE Question :)

METALKIRK

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2002
uk
Visit site
Hiya, im hoping to purchase a PRS SE Custom 24, the problem is that Im not sure if it actually exists! i know it sounds daft but i went to a guitar shop in Cardiff and I was told that PRS dont do that guitar; however the website where im hoping to purchase it from (gak.co.uk) confirmed with me over the phone that they deffinetely do as they have some in stock.
So could anyone tell me whos right? does anyone own this guitar?
Thankss

Well, from a quick check on the internet, it seems that the PRS SE Custom 24 does exist. Numerous on-line shops have such a guitar listed, and the PRS website have an 'SE Custom' (though they don't specify if they're 22's or 24's or whatever.)

Yep, it seems that a PRS SE custom does exist, but the guy at the shop seems to think that there is no such thing as a PRS SE Custom 24; however i have seen pics of that guityar on online stores,etc. its just very confusing lol

So...are you gonna believe some random guitar store salesman who apparently knows shit about guitars, or the internet?

I actually think all the SE Custom models have 22 frets, I'm planning to giving that model a go in the store sometime. There are PRS Custom 22's and 24's, but the SE Custom models don't offer this option (and don't have 22/24 in the model name), as far as I know.

I do believe that the PRS SE's only come in 22's........ Not too sure. But they are a reasonable guitar for the prices I've seen. Whatever you do, though, don't buy it for it being a PRS!!! It would be like buying an Epiphone because it's associated to Gibson, or a Squire because it's associated to Fender (the first making some sense). Also try the other guitars, because when I bought my guitar, I had no intention of getting an LTD, and I was quite pleased with it (besides the floating bridge, a Licensed Floyd Rose).

Thanks guys, ive tried the SE Custom 22 in the shop and throught it was great; the custom se 24 seems to offer the tremolo and obvioulsy 24 frets. Its just a bit confusing as the guy from the guitar shop (they are a PRS dealer) was adamant that theres no SE Custom 24. But the bigger store seem to think that there is lol. If im not able to try out an SE Custom 24 then i will just get a 22.

^ Can i offer a word of advice? Don't use GAK, that shop is utter shite. I've dealt with them many times, and though they may have what you want, they're notoriously unreliable. They forget to ship gear, and take your money. I brought a Les Paul from that shop, didn't get it in 6 months..after giving up with their customer services department i demanded my money back and went to Andertons, who are much more reliable.

SE custom 24 doesn't exist. There's only a Custom SE, which comes with 22 frets; you can get it with or without tremolo.

Cart, love ya brother, but you're wrong. Click on the link I posted above or the one below for further elucidation.

http://www.music123.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar-520056-i1428283.Music123?cm_mmc=$(channel)$-_-Paul%20Reed%20Smith-_-Electric%20Guitars-_-Paul%20Reed%20Smith%20SE%20Custom%2024%20Electric%20Guitar&source=ZWFRWXX&mr:trackingCode=06528DE0-6AB2-DD11-9B0F-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Photographic evidence that this mythical beast actually does exist:

883093_800.jpg

Uhm. So, how come this isn't marked on the official website, and how come mine is only called SE Custom and not SE Custom 22? :err: I believe you but this is rather strange.

Yeah, I checked the PRS site, and they're not listed there. I think maybe they must've discontinued them for this model year and places like Music 123 and others must just still have some in stock.

The SE Custom 24 designation must've been an addition to the SE line where the "SE Custom" was originally only offered as a 22 fret axe.

^ I do believe you're correct, it's an older model. Maybe 2005-2006ish? It would make sense because a lot of discontinued models are on sites.

Update: It turns out the SE Custom 24 is actually a NEW model that's not listed on the PRS site because it hasn't officially started shipping yet. I noticed on 123 and a couple of other places that were offering them that they were only available for preorder, and I just got back from jamming with a buddy who's a big PRS geek and he picked up some info on it from the PRS forum.

save up an extra few hundred and get a carvin?

what advantages do a carvin have over a prs se custom? everywhere i read they always give the higher score to the prs se custom. plus, at alot of places that i look carvin's are twice the amount of a prs se custom, in the $1100-2000 range. im not dissing the carvin, i would just really like to know if they have any huge advantages over prs se customs, because i think some of the carvin's are beautiful. plus, negura bunget uses them *blush*

grrr, why cant they make a prs se custom colored GREEN. :cry: