PS3 > MK II

oppps, i thought it was kinda remastered also.
any was to share yours?
Haha after a big ordeal with Sony I am done with the gamesharing shit. I bought TWO brand new PS3 Slims about two weeks ago , and they refused to clear my gameshared slots off of my broken fat PS3 (only shared with my two brothers) and another one I had sold before I knew you had to deactivate accounts. WORD TO THE WISE: SONY WILL NOT BEND ON GIVING YOU BACK YOUR GAMES IF YOU REACH 5 ACTIVATIONS ON YOUR GAMES ACCOUNT!!! I lost over $300 worth of downloaded shit , that was a pricey lesson. Why Sony doesn't let you clear your activations once a year like apple , is beyond my comprehension (besides their greed). Especially when their old fat models seem to be getting YLOD pretty often now. If your PS3 gets YLOD like mine and will not turn on , you CANNOT deactivate it , and neither can SONY! That activation will be lost forever and this shit can happen at any time. Fucking complete bullshit , they better adjust that policy soon. I actually was about to sell my fat PS3 to a friend , and I bought a Slim , the DAY BEFORE I got the new slim in the mail , the old one gets YLOD. Seriously I hate DRM with a passion , shit you buy isn't even really fucking owned by you. If downloadable games are the future they really need a way to make people feel more secure about their purchases. Maybe something that could be backed up like a USB key , that you could use to deactivate the broken system from another PS3? Also my little brother bought a PSP Go and had the same problem , he had bought every model of the PSP and traded in for the new one every year , and never knew about the activation shit because THEY DON'T FUCKING TELL YOU. So for being a very loyal Sony supporter, he gets totally fucked on his over $250 worth of PSP games and shit

About the censoring, isnt Germany one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to that?
I know there are loads of games that are illegal to sell in Germany, and just as many games that have been censored(MW2 & L4D2 for instance.).

Yeah, as I described it in my lengthy low-down, it's not technically censorship (as censorship has to happen BEFORE something is released), but it makes hardly a difference in practice.

Look here for an (incomplete) list of games that are indexed here. Those games are not allowed to be publicly sold, portrayed or advertised. Adults, however, can buy them legally "under the counter" (you often have certain areas in stores minors are not allowed to access).

Other games, like the uncut versions of Wolfenstein 3D, Left 4 Dead, SOF, Mortal Kombat (II) or Manhunt (among others) are confiscated, which means they're not allowed to be sold AT ALL.

Cut versions are allowed to be sold to people accordingly to the age rating (16+, 18+ etc.)

Yeah, as I described it in my lengthy low-down, it's not technically censorship (as censorship has to happen BEFORE something is released)

(...)

Other games, like the uncut versions of Wolfenstein 3D, Left 4 Dead, SOF, Mortal Kombat (II) or Manhunt (among others) are confiscated, which means they're not allowed to be sold AT ALL.

Isn´t that censorship as clear as it gets?

Brazil doesn´t have much cases of censorship on games, but there´s one that is absolutely hilarious. Counter Strike was a huge success here around 2000, creating a LAN House boom. For the first time ever people were buying legit software here, because you needed an official serial number to be able to play online.

Now, the funny part is that the government banned the game because they where shocked by the brazilian fan-made map called Favela. So, they basically banned a product because they didn´t like a fan-made map for a (initially) fan-made mod. OK, if that wasn´t ridiculous enough, did I mention that they decided to ban it on 2008? LOL exactly 10 years after it has been released. :worship:

Isn´t that censorship as clear as it gets?

Not in legal terms.

Here is an excerpt from our constitution, regarding freedom of speech:

Every person has the right freely to express and disseminate his opinions in speech, writing, and pictures and to inform himself without hindrance from generally accessible sources. Freedom of the press and freedom of reporting by means of broadcasts and films are guaranteed. Censorship does not occur.

However, there is a limiting provision:

These rights find their limits in the provisions of general laws, in provisions for the protection of young persons, and in the right to personal honor.

Based on that provision, products can get indexed or confiscated after they have been released.

So, legally, censorship does not happen as the state doesn't alter, or coerce developers to alter their products, at any point.

Everybody is free to release everything. But they can hold you accountable for it after the release.

So while there's technically no censorship happening (from the state), developers/publishers are forced to censor their products on their own, if they want to avoid any possible backlash.

It's a real passive-aggressive strategy.