PT concert reviews

What is this "hand thing" that you all speak of?

I could swear I already posted that...

Pseud0 said:
think fiddy scent put his hand close to stevens face, put steven in front of a mic and presto instant "hand thing"

This makes absolutey no sense. I think I just had an aneurysm.

Steven Wilson, the frontman of Porcupine Tree, made rap style hand gestures while singing. He took his index and thumb, outstretched them, and put them close to his face. He shook said hand back and forth.

Pseud0 said:
Steven Wilson, the frontman of Porcupine Tree, made rap style hand gestures while singing. He took his index and thumb, outstretched them, and put them close to his face. He shook said hand back and forth.

Thanks for using English this time, lol. That does sound pretty gay, but it doesn't make sense. How is he making all these hand motions and playing guitar at the same time? Is Steven Wilson Goru?

saut said:
Thanks for using English this time, lol. That does sound pretty gay, but it doesn't make sense. How is he making all these hand motions and playing guitar at the same time? Is Steven Wilson Goru?

obviously he did it at the end of a chord...or just let the other guitarist play, while he sang a certain part, and did said hand motion.

LOL @ "the hand thing". I still had no idea what you guys were talking about upon reading this thread. Eventually I forgot about it until last night about 2 mins into their set he did it... I was like OHHHH fuck! the hand thing!!!!! :lol:

Overall it was a good show. The venue sucked though because they booked it after finding out that the one they wanted to book was taken for the night. So this one was small and the sound wasn't as great as it probably should have been. The setlist was pretty much the same as mentioned in this thread, except that they played the start of something beutiful instead of mellotron scratch (damn, i wanted to hear mellotron!). Anyways, I'm already looking forward to the next tour :)