Seattle Show Reviews, Setlist, And Comments...

Oh, I see he himself posted about it.

I felt sorry for the singer, though. I think that you should at least pretend to like a band if they're playing for you, they're only trying their best.

But yeah, the singer was high fiving everyone, and Stephan was up in front in the beginning (looked like he was humping a speaker) and Devildriver singer notices he's the only one not into it, and gives him a "don't leave me hanging" sign.

He left him hanging.

Master_Debater said:
Oh, I see he himself posted about it.

I felt sorry for the singer, though. I think that you should at least pretend to like a band if they're playing for you, they're only trying their best.

But yeah, the singer was high fiving everyone, and Stephan was up in front in the beginning (looked like he was humping a speaker) and Devildriver singer notices he's the only one not into it, and gives him a "don't leave me hanging" sign.

He left him hanging.
aw

:lol:

haha ya jayson i was lookin for you most of the night. after devildriver played i kind of gave up though since the crowd filled in so much.

and btw, i was the guy who yelled "MANOWAR!" :D

Alright, Here's For My Review:

First of all, I've never been to the Graceland and it took me 45MINUTES to find the goddamn place, I kept missing it because the tourbuses were blocking where it was.

I go in, LITERALLY as the first band was starting, which I thought was Class of Zero. They were actually Moonspell, though, and I was surprised, considering Moonspell should go after shitty Devildriver. Since I got to the show late, I was near off to the side, actually right near the speakers. As a result, my right ear is still ringing.

Now as for Moonspell, I actually liked them, they had some catchy riffs and a decent keyboardist. The singer, however.... man this guy had an annoying accent and this WEIRD stupid pose he'd always do whole singing. Halfway through the set, he also pull out this big stick with a skull on the end of it, and I lost it, just went off laughing. But yes, as another person said, the crowd wasn't that into them, even though they were pretty good. I'd give them a 7/10.

By this time, I was sick of getting my right ear blasted off, so I tried to weasel through to the center, which was easier than I thought. Throughout my weaseling, I dunno what it was, but I thought I saw Funeral Portrait (Pat) like 800 times. Everyone pretty much looked alike, and I gotta say, unlike Clagary, I didn't think Seattle's chicks were hot at all. I actually DID meet a person I know from around here, and I was quite surprised, since he isn't exactly a metalhead. But, he's from Olympia also, and whaddyagonnado?

So, Moonspell is wrapping up, and I front and fucking center, and was quite surprised, actually. There was a changing of the guard, with the Moonspell fans heading out to ignore Devildriver, and the tards coming IN the see Devidriver. I was feeling pretty good, and actually it was here that I saw Napalm (stephan), sprawled over a speaker, looking incredibly bored, I mean, I have never seen a more uninterested person in my life. But whatever. About 2 minutes before Devildriver starts up, a bald guy who is at least a foot shorter than me nudges through with his lady friend, talking of how he "fucked it up at the Mudvayne concert." This guy had to be twenty-something also, so it wasn't your typical kiddy. So Devilddriver takes the stage and you hear a lot of high-pitched, fratboy screaming, and they immediately go into the their first song.

No I'll say this: their songs suck, but they tried damn hard and the singer was giving it all, in terms of stage presence. High-fiving left and right, stuff like that. So that's why I went along with the crowd, because hey, they're a band, trying their best, and I don't fault them for that. Said "mudvayne metaller" that was beside me starts moshing, I guess, and actually manages to crowsurf for a bit. Devildriver singer loved this, and almost pulled him off stage, but a security dude pushed him back beside me. So while all the high-fiving's going on, I see Stephan again, looking extremely bored and still humping the speaker. This was great, because he was basically the guy RIGHT in front of the singer, I mean there wasn't a better spot you could get, and he was just sitting there. Devildriver singer sees this around their third song, and specifically pick him out and tries to high five him. All I saw, though, is Devildriver singer shrug again and continue on with his set. All in all, though, besides the crappy music, I don't think it was that bad of a set, it may have been the crowd mentality. Musically, Devildriver was 3/10, Atmosphere was a 7/10.

Alright, so Devildriver leaves the stage, I'm still recovering from the kind of "mini pit" that had just occurred (the Mudvayne guy was basically on top of me, it was kinda strange) now there was nothing but waiting. And waiting..... and waiting. Nothing was happening. I say some baldy dude try to pull Stephan from his spot, the dude was a dick. A lot of dickheads at the concert, actually, at least where I was standing, I realized why it was so easy to get to that spot. I keep bringing stephan up, but the way, because I was basically I'd say three feet away from him. kind of a pity, I wanted to meet up with him after the concert and congratulate him on stonewalling Devildude, but I had to leave.

So yes, we're still waiting, watching the 8,000 soundchecks their still doing. I got confused when they were bringing on keyboards, I didn't realize they have a live keyboardist. So still waiting, and even though they were only 7 minutes late, the crowd gets restless and starts chanting opeth. Finally, they come onstage, and the place erupts.... Mikael is the most soft-spoken, kindest rocker I've seen, and asks if it's the third time they've been to Seattle or what. They immediately go into Master's Apprentices and the place starts swaying, it was great. Of course, you had the occasional people that were just interested in moshing, not even to the music, and that kinda put a damper on it all. They finish that song, and Mikael starts talking about how Martin was sick... and Gene did indeed play drums their previous show. I don't think many people realized how deep Martin was in. While the crowd was chanting Opeth when they came on, I was yelling for Lopez, even though I don't think anyone heard. Then they go into the Drapery falls, one of my faves, and apparently, the crowd's faves too. The place got nuttier, and EVERYTHING was played PERFECTLY. Martin's drumming was impeccable, and I was AMAZED how powerful Mikael's voice was, he should get it fucking insured. They finish that song, and then the funny part of the evening began, with Mikael saying they always get mistaken for Lynard Skynard for some reason. The crowd was shouting suggestions then, Like Sweet Home Alabama, and Mikael said he didn't know how to play them. Someone shouted "MANOWAR!!" and Mikael goes "You know, the thing about Manowar is..... I like them, but they're.... cheesy." Classic. And so, TO ANYONE GOING TO THE OTHER SHOWS, ASK FOR SWEET HOME ALABAMA!! Now Mikael announced they're playing The Moor for the first time live, and unlike some of you guys, I don't think he looked nervous at all! During the Moor, I found myself somehow at bit more back, and not in my beginning spot. I also saw a couple of people thrown out, as well as the dickhead who was pulling stephan back, getting pissed and running out for some reason. I'm sorry, but I'd say a majority of metallers are retards. I say this because I was now a bit more back, the calmer section, where people couldn't even headbang to the right beat. The Moor was great, for the first time they played it, and afterwards Mikael said "maybe after three weeks it will actually be good." Pshaw! Yeah right... Next up, Mikael starts talking about them and the band, that after 13 years, they've changed, and they wanted to represent where Opeth kinda is now. So they play Windowpane. I dunno if it was that there wasn't as much distortion as the other songs, but I felt as if I was listening to the CD itself, it was that good. Crowd was more mellow of course, can't really do much to Windowpane. Then they followed up with another Damnation song, something I was surprised of. The chicks in the crowd loved it, though. In My Time of need, actually. So they effectively played my two favorite off Damnation, good deal! Now after this song, people started getting antsy for some more metal, and boy, did they deliver. Opeth followed up with April Ethereal, off My Arms, Your Hearse. Now, I've been late to the Opeth game, been listening since Still Life, some I haven't heard this material. INTERESTING Note, by the way, Mikael said that that song was basically black metal. Well, they played this song, and I knew at that point two things: 1. I had DEFINENTLY got my $20 worth, and 2. I Need to get more of Opeth's earliest stuff. April Ethereal was insane, it was one of the best they played that evening. Only half of the crowd was into it, though, I suspect we had a lot of casual fans that evening. After that song finished, I couldn't really remember anything but random shout (throughout the entire show, in fact) for Black Rose Immortal, which actually Mikael totally ignored, I thought he would respond once to it, like a smile or something. Whatever, though, they went into Deliverance, and there, you could clearly seen Martin Lopez is the MAN for not letting a little mental instability to get him down. It was, indeed awesome. Not as good as April Ethereal, though. The next song, Mikael said he was once again nervous that they were playing a song never played live before, and when the opening riff started, I actually thought they were gonna play The Leper Affinity, in which case I would go apefuck on everyone, I LOVE that song. It was however, Blackwater Park, and I wasn't disappointed. Between April Ethereal and Blackwater Park, it's hard to say which song was the better of the two that evening. So, Blackwater Park ended, and Mikael thanked the crowd, and went offstage. Oh, we weren't done with them, though, everyone in the place started chanting for them to come out again, considering it took forever for them to get out there. They returned, Mikael all grins and played Demon of the fall, which was awesome as well. I was kinda distracted, though, because I was buying a shirt. Red "Opeth" on the front, Profondo Rosso on the back (if anyone know that the FUCK that means, it would be greatly appreciated. Atmosphere and Music, though both 9/10, WELL worth the money.

However, I left as Demon of the fall was finishing, so I didn't know what happened afterwards, was there a signing or something? a second encore? Post it!

TO EVERYONE CONSIDERING GOING, OR ARE GOING: You will love it, it blew my socks off. (I actually did lose my shoe at one point.)

yea thats my guitarist john. haha i dunno, we were more in the middle than anything, which is still only about 12 feet from the stage. i needed my moshing and headbangin room :headbang:

yea no biggie, im glad you found napalm at least so you could chill with him. my friend got pissed when i yelled manowar cuz he really likes them :D

haha ya, manowar blows! after the encore the guys shook as many hands as they could and then left the stage. you didn't miss much more. man i still smell like fuckin smoke though, do you?

haha right on, cigars rule. i cant stand cigarettes either. well im gonna hit the shower, need to get this stench off me..

Profondo Rosso - Deep Red, name of an Italian horror film. It also has something to do with the band Orange Goblin, which I can't remember!