Seattle Show Reviews, Setlist, And Comments...

Martyr said:
It would have been really cool if they played a total rare set. i.e.

Master's Apprentice
To Bid You Farewell
The Moor
Funeral Portrait
When
April Ethereal
Serenity Painted Death
Face of Melinda
Benighted
Blackwater Park

Not really in a particular order. Would be a cool rarities set!

Am I missing any?

PS: I'm really happy with what they played, don't get me wrong!

oh dude, screw your setlist.

the setlist they are playing on this tour, couldn't have been any better.

if they exactly played the songs you said above, then u'd change your mind and u'd want to hear other songs.

mackhomie said:
I was at the seattle show and the last reviewer isn't giving enough credit to how awesome opeth really was. This was my 3rd time seeing them, (and countless other streams/mpegs) and I could tell they were trying harder than usual to put on a great set. They got a great response from the audience throughout the set, and even opeth chants BEFORE they came out. (Not to mention the encore)

This really was a show to remember for any Death Metal fan.
I agree, the Deliverance and Damnation sets were both incredible but this set was just special and was definitely the best out of the 3 shows I've attended. I'd also have to say that this was probably the best set I've ever seen a band perform, and I've been to tons of shows over the years.

atrocity said:
oh dude, screw your setlist.

the setlist they are playing on this tour, couldn't have been any better.

if they exactly played the songs you said above, then u'd change your mind and u'd want to hear other songs.
God damn!

I said I was happy with the setlist they did! I'm just setting up a hypothetical situation, saying it would be cool/interesting if... It's just a thought, no need to be all offended because you didn't read the most important part of the post saying I was happy with the current setlist.

Mikael's on stage movement and whatnot was cocky as hell, but in all deserving of it. It was like he knew he was at the peak of Opeth, he was playing so flawlessly. I'm not one to catch a lot of little errors, but I know the only one I heard was one during the slow opening to the moor.