Seattle Show

I was thinking more along the lines of sheer brutality and intensity, but yeah Van (being the first time I'd seen the band live) was very entertaining to watch, and mixed it up quite a bit.

Oh, and I officially have to apologize to Seattle fans. I saw at least 5 people with painted faces.

Lol, yes the people walking around with their sorry excuse for corpse paint were quite amusing. I also noticed quite a few Hot Topics nu-metalers around as well, with pants covered in zippers and all. I still find it amusing that the kids that frequent Hot Topics and try to dress in protest of the "preps" or whatever, don't realize that the guy who owns Old Navy, The Gap, and Banana Republic owns Hot Topics as well. :D

yes, they allowed it in....she just said that I could not take them of Dimmu after the first four songs. I did not take any band pics anyways so it was all good.

Maharet said:
thats odd! At the Great American in SF, they allowed cameras in and said flash photography was ok for the first few songs...o_O even for Dimmu....

I saw one guy dressed in corpse paint, cape, and full "black metal" clothing at portland. I let him take my place in front/center after Nevermore.

I think it would be cool to go to a Dimmu or Old Man's Child show in full garb.... IF it was done well. If not, people shouldn't even fucking bother.

i actually got some photos of this show (thanks, frank-o!). they were extremely strict about it, but security was cool since we had passes. hope they came out okay. i really enjoyed this show despite being sick as a dog. awesome venue!

ms. anthrope said:
i actually got some photos of this show (thanks, frank-o!). they were extremely strict about it, but security was cool since we had passes. hope they came out okay. i really enjoyed this show despite being sick as a dog. awesome venue!
You were there? Was MetalSteph? I don't know if I'd've recognized you, but I would have Steph. I didn't even bother w/camera. When I attended the Type O/Nevermore show, I had a security guard tell me that if I didn't put my camera away (2.0mp elf) that they would take it away. So I didn't bother with this show or Type O & Cradle of Filth last Sunday.

My friend Doug got to take official pix for Dimmu. They are amazing. I can't find a gallery on his page but here are a couple of shots. If/when he does an official gallery with all his shots, I'll post it:

dimmuborgir1.jpg

dimmuborgir3.jpg

dimmuborgir2.jpg

**edited for linky**

yes i was in seattle... are you the girl with braids?

no... steph couldn't make the seattle show :( (wah!). my dinky digital camera was not cutting it, so i used a disposable one... better than nothing, huh?

i LOVE those shots of shagrath! he is a cutie :).

ms. anthrope said:
yes i was in seattle... are you the girl with braids?

no... steph couldn't make the seattle show :( (wah!). my dinky digital camera was not cutting it, so i used a disposable one... better than nothing, huh?

i LOVE those shots of shagrath! he is a cutie :).
Red/orange braids? That was my friend Creatrix777. I am about 5'2" w/long dark hair and dark clothes. How could you have missed me? LOL. I also stayed in the 'adult section' for the most part. I'm too short to see in the crowd and not driven enough anymore to fight to the barrier. I had a pretty good view from the raised dias back by the coatcheck/bar area. (Oh yeah, that Shagrath is a cutie. I'm hoping for other bandmembers when he get's permission to use them.)

Did Warrel and the boy's wind up going to Goofy's with Dimmu? I never made it that far, just went to the 5 Point w/Nina and the Hypocrisy/CoB boys. It's closer to my home.

okay... are you the girl with the glasses? if so, i've seen you at the CD release party, as well as seattle metal fest. i was kinda hiding out that night since i looked and felt like crap. were you around when some chick flashed her boobs and butt on the bus :lol:?

i don't think the guys made it out to goofy's - we left them pretty late, too... 4am-ish.

ms. anthrope said:
okay... are you the girl with the glasses? if so, i've seen you at the CD release party, as well as seattle metal fest. i was kinda hiding out that night since i looked and felt like crap. were you around when some chick flashed her boobs and butt on the bus :lol:?

i don't think the guys made it out to goofy's - we left them pretty late, too... 4am-ish.
Yes, that probably is me then; I wear glasses and was at both of those events. Damn! I left too early! I certainly did not see any female boobs and buttocks. :erk: :lol: I'm glad I did not trek all the way out there then.

@Ms. Anthrope: definitely, I'm around and I go to most major metal shows.

@Darknoise: do, if it's the showbox and it's all ages, I usually hang out at the back bar to the right of the stage (as you are looking at it).

@Napalm, Wolftribe: hahaha. you are boys. your opinions of a male being hot/not hot/gay are moot.