Warrel Dane: great quote!

GeniusGonInsane

Resident Media Punisher
FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane on making a living by playing music: “Truth be told, with the label problems we're having at the moment [with Century Media Records] it's not possible to support ourselves from just music. I am currently cooking at The Swedish Cultural Center of Seattle...I feel very much at home here because most of my best friends are Swedes!.. [Drummer] Van [Williams] works as a graphic artist for Nintendo and [bassist] Jim [Sheppard] is working in a bar called Goofy's. We are still just regular people struggling to get by. We love music and that's what gives us the drive to continue...”

Trapped:LMAO!

..but let's see how Enemies of Reality turns out...I'm pretty sure it will be better than DH...well if it's how WD says it will be anyway.

It's too simple for Nevermore...all the previous albums sounded cool in the first listenings,and then one day it was like WTF THIS IS A MASTERPIECE.DHIADW sounds cool in the first listenings,and it stays like that...just "ok,cool"

How can anyone claim that Nevermore sold out after you read that quote? Selling out is comprimising your musical integrity for money. And it is clear that they aren't exactly wallowing in cash. Just because a band takes up a different sound does NOT mean they sold out. It means they wanted to try something new. Some of you people need to get off your high metal horses and respect that when a band does something, its usually because they want to.

Well I never ACCUSED them of selling out...I mean,if there is one band that deserves to make a living out of its music then it's Nevermore.So,it's kind of natural that they turned to a more catchy/commercial direction...it's just sad because I know that DHIADW could have been another masterpiece to be placed next to the rest.Well,it's in the past now,all I can think of now is Enemies of Reality...Dream Theater also did some non-DT stuff in falling into infinity (eg.u not me) but then they did it their way again and they kick ass...I have faith in Nevermore...with bands things aren't as easy as they may seem to us,like either staying true or selling out,there are many grey areas in between.If EoR is like PoE,as Warrel has stated,then it seems they're back on the healthy Nevermore path...good luck Warrel and co.,sooner or later the world has to recognize you...
"you can't ignore us anymore..."

Originally posted by GeniusGonInsane
FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane on making a living by playing music: “Truth be told, with the label problems we're having at the moment [with Century Media Records] it's not possible to support ourselves from just music. I am currently cooking at The Swedish Cultural Center of Seattle...I feel very much at home here because most of my best friends are Swedes!.. [Drummer] Van [Williams] works as a graphic artist for Nintendo and [bassist] Jim [Sheppard] is working in a bar called Goofy's. We are still just regular people struggling to get by. We love music and that's what gives us the drive to continue...”

Warrels needs to come to Sweden! I would gladly buy the band a few rounds after the gig.

Originally posted by metalized
Like they havent make enough from allthe tours...
And DHIADW sold quite well...

Sold quite well? A little over 10,000 units in the US is selling well? Get off the "they sold out with DHIADW" bandwagon

DavE

First off, an album doesn't need to sell well to prove a band sold out. Sometimes the sell-out attempt isn't well-received (see Megadeth "Risk") :) Secondly, Nevermore have not even come close to selling out. Whether or not you like DHIADW, it is still a great CD. Maybe not as good as their previous outings, but still excellent. There is more to good songwriting than intricate guitar riffs.

Originally posted by Poison God

Sold quite well? A little over 10,000 units in the US is selling well? Get off the "they sold out with DHIADW" bandwagon

DavE

If metal bands were waiting from the US market to earn some cash,they could as well give away their albums for free...