Warrel Dane Guest Performance published

sinanspd

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2018
Dear friends,
Since this is my first time posting here I want to start by saying a few words. I was made aware of this forum's existence by one of its long time members. I have been a huge fan of Nevermore since I have first heard them. Unfortunately I never had the chance to see them live. They had already disbanded by the time I discovered them.

Some of you may have heard of my band Collector. There was a post here after my
eulogy to Warrel, that angered fans of a certain band I will not mention. We got our name from our love of the song 'Heart Collector'.

I, however, was lucky enough work with this amazing man. He was a brother, a friend, a mentor to me. In the summer of 2016, me, Warrel and Chris Broderick (who played as touring guitarist of Nevermore for a while) said let's get together and do a song. We were supposed to tour together afterwards but the rest of my band got stuck in Turkey following the coup attempt and we had to cancel.. He messaged me and the band everyday as we went through though times in Turkey.

Regardless, we had an amazing time with Warrel that summer. So many memories to tell, from sneaking into random weddings to jumping into pools at midnight.. I saw the memories thread and will be making a one big post when I have the time.

Anyway, after two years of work, the song is finally done and released. If you would like to hear his mesmerizing voice once again:

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/ne...rmore-vocalists-warrel-dane-last-performances

Warrel believed in this project with his heart and offered his mentorship every step of the way. Our biggest goal is to make him proud and that can only happen with feedback. We know the album is no where near perfect but good or bad, you like it or hate it, I would love to hear your thoughts so we can learn from our mistakes and grow, be better.

We will be donating 10% of the sales to the education of children who are in need, in Warrel's name so that he can live on in yet another way. If anyone like what they hear and would like to contribute here is the link to the store: collectorofficial.com

R.I.P brother ...

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff and so nice to hear that voice again.

Good luck with the album!

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff and so nice to hear that voice again.

Good luck with the album!
Thank you man! Glad you liked it. Appreciate it. We have his full session recorded which took like 4 hours. We will upload it to Youtube at some point for his fellow fans to watch if they wanted to!

Reactions: Will Bozarth
killer song. You guys are really good. The mix could be better, but I like it a lot.
Thanks man. Glad you liked it means a lot! And issue noted for the future. However, I think it is more of an issue with the recording quality. To be honest we were pretty shitty musicians when we recorded the instruments 2.5 years ago..

The post-production is done by Mikko Karmila (Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Battle Beast, Lordi etc.), Neil Kernon who produced many of the Nevermore albums, Jayce Lewis/Martyn Forde (Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium) so I doubt it is their fault if there is an issue with the levels/clarity. It is probably our fault haha :)

Thank you again for the feedback tho. Really really valuable insight

Reactions: nckissfan
Read about this a while ago, glad to see it finally came out - thanks for sharing just a little bit more of his greatness with us.
Thanks man! Of course... Any material we have of him we will share... He was a great man..

God damn does Warrels voice tell a story. I think he could've recited the alphabet and it would be intriguing. Nice work.

Reactions: sinanspd
God damn does Warrels voice tell a story. I think he could've recited the alphabet and it would be intriguing. Nice work.
Agreed. So mesmerizing. And thank you. Glad you liked it. Please drop us a like on FB and youtube if you can. Would love to have you guys check out the other songs as well :)