Public service message

Sometimes I wish I was a punk instead of a heavy metal maniac just because if there's one thing that's good about punk it's that they know what to charge for shit

$1 for tapes $3 for seven inches $8-10 for albums

LEARN you dicks

1zxwjdw.jpg

^ ONLY STUPID BASTARDS PAY MORE THAN $3.00 FOR A SEVEN INCH RECORD

it's true. when i was really into the whole punk thing you could spend $25 on music and have a TON of shit to listen to

MFJ said:
it's true. when i was really into the whole punk thing you could spend $25 on music and have a TON of shit to listen to

"shit" being the important word there.

Erik said:
Sometimes I wish I was a punk instead of a heavy metal maniac just because if there's one thing that's good about punk it's that they know what to charge for shit

True that, a lot of the punk records I own have "Don't pay more than 10 (or even 12) Euro for this album!" stickers on the cover. Also, the music is asskicking too :cool:

you mostly listen to funpunk though, i don't think they have the same sort of ethics as the true black and white diy only squad i was thinking of

The funny thing is, that the pressing of 7" is so fucking expensive these days, that if you're not pressing your own band, but a band that will get their share of the pressing, the price for a small pressing can go over 3 euros/copy and if you have any goal to keep releasing records in the future, you should be able to make some profit of it. So if you pay 3 euros for a 7", you sell those as wholesale as 4 euros to distros, whom have to add the postages to that price, so when they end up to your fave distro, the cost for the 7" might already be 5 euros. Then the distro take some money to them too...

Releasing 7" these days is so fucking expensive...unless you release them as low quality 7".

EDIT - And what comes to prices in US for vinyls released in Europe, dollar is so fucking weak...

Erik said:
Yeah, I am not being totally serious I realize that $3 is often unreasonable but $10 is fucking ridiculous.

That's 8 euros...normal price for 7" in here is usually about 6 euros, but then again, selling them to US adds a lot of postages.

The price is absurd, just thinking why...

Erik said:
I have a good idea of "why", and it is that 7"'s are nowadays seen as novelties, as collectors' items that you don't buy for the MUSIC but as something to hang on the wall and maybe sell for $50 on eBay 5 years down the line

Hammer, meet head of nail. The people that are unquestionably prepared to pay that much for 7" vinyl releases are people who will likely never put a needle to that vinyl.

Whatta fuck? That box includes 12 x 7" vinyls, wooden box etc. The price is ok in my eyes.