Punk Goes Pop 3

DaveBlack

Apr 7, 2009
This has been out for a while now but I never heard anything about it. Did Joey have anything to do with this? It's got a few of his clients but I'm not sure if he mixed the whole thing or not.

both are distributed by ADA (which is owned by warner).

...i actually work with ADA everyday :)

rise, epitaph, equal vision, fearless, eyeball... are all a part of the ADA group.

This is a strange cd though. More like pop goes pop. I was really expecting some nice core covers from this one but was sadly disappointed. There's some exeptions ofcourse but overall it's not that good.

This is a strange cd though. More like pop goes pop. I was really expecting some nice core covers from this one but was sadly disappointed. There's some exeptions ofcourse but overall it's not that good.
yeah, that's what I've always thought. a majority of the covers usually are replicas of the original with some slight differences. On occasion some are done in the band's actual style but most aren't. I'd find it more interesting if the bands did the covers in their own style. (like AA did Right Now in their style.)
if I wanted to just hear the pop version I'd go listen to the original.:confused:

Even the Asking Alexandria one was too poppy to my ears. Miss May I did an exellent job though. Propably the best cover on the album.

miss may i and WCAR were the best. The cute is what we aim for cover of dead and gone made me want to stab myself in the ears