punks.....

Bass Fellow said:
I HATE it when that happens:yell:

Same shit for me back in the day. We would argue everyday between "punk" and "metal" but bands like Metallica, Anthrax (S.O.D.) and Slayer via Motorhead made that all go away.
I was always a metalhead but liked alot of punk bands like DRI, Suicidal, Black Flagg. Hmmmmm the ones I liked mostly turned metal or died out.

DarbysDad said:
okay sorry dude - I'll change it to dumb bitch!

ah, it is great to know I am not the only one who sees the short sighteness of it all. Although alot of punk is cool (Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Pennywise, Dropkick Murphys for example), metal is where my heart lies.

i know i was very surprised when i realised that metal was just as bad, probably worse in fact that every other music genre out there, fans are so anal about whats what..........whats proper thrash?, what constitues actual death metal? whats punk, whats not? you cant like this if you like that?!?1 etc etc like some fucked up handbook most of em follow religiously........

two songs, two styles, same opinion:

s.o.d. - united forces
" it doesnt matter how you wear your hair, its whats inside your head"

sick of it all - us vs them
"prove this, prove that proving is nothing, let's all just be ourselves
focused with the right aggression turn to each other for help"

i know i was very surprised when i realised that metal was just as bad, probably worse in fact that every other music genre out there, fans are so anal about whats what..........whats proper thrash?, what constitues actual death metal? whats punk, whats not? you cant like this if you like that?!?1 etc etc like some fucked up handbook most of em follow religiously........

two songs, two styles, same opinion:

s.o.d. - united forces
" it doesnt matter how you wear your hair, its whats inside your head"

sick of it all - us vs them
"prove this, prove that proving is nothing, let's all just be ourselves
focused with the right aggression turn to each other for help"

My thoughts exactly. This thread is the pot calling the kettle black through and through. Just post you like Metallica and watch the vultures swarm.I was into a lot punk and some metal bands like motorhead and venom but the die hard punks hate metal and, the die hard metalheads hate everything accept what they listen to. It's just the plain truth.
a lot of people on this forum maybe open minded but, most metal fans are viewed as the crowd of drunk braindead jackoffs stumbeling around ozzfest.
you like what you like . the whole point of metal is like punk, to not give a fuck what people think or say about you. so why would you care what anyones opinions are.
including mine.:loco:

karrokid said:
the whole point of metal is like punk, to not give a fuck what people think or say about you. so why would you care what anyones opinions are.
including mine.:loco:

I have since talked with my buddies wife and stuff, and she explained to me that punk is about being yourself and metal is about being something. I asked what is the difference and she said, again, "its punk you wouldnt understand." Its like you HAVE to look a certain way or act a certain way if you like a certain genre. Yes, there are subcultures to it all, but it still doesnt tell me why I cant like something outside of metal just because I have alot of tattoos and I blare Pantera out of my car. Ugh, frustrating. Maybe she will grow up sometime.....maybe not.

Spent a lot of time crossing over\bridges in the 80s can't look back now. Honestly I'd love to see thrax play with a hardcore or punk band sometimes rather some of the metal I've seen. But yes I is a hessian.

DRI? They still around? I would kinda rank DRI opening for Anthrax like Anthrax played before Pantera. It was dubbed a "co-headline" tour of sorts, but the flyers I saw around the town it was in talked about Anthrax opening for Pantera, even though Coal Chamber started the show. My vote would be for Hatebreed or some other hardcore band that is "popular" of sorts, then get an unheard of to open (like ME!! All I need is a drum machine and some dude to cover bass....).

I'll play bass if you get a gig opening for anthrax. Have your people call my people. Also I think Myhatred plays drums maybe we could talk him into opening for thrax one time.

karrokid said:
I'll play bass if you get a gig opening for anthrax. Have your people call my people. Also I think Myhatred plays drums maybe we could talk him into opening for thrax one time.

I will play for free but the only stipulation is that John Bush has to be with the band:loco::D Go ahead and call me names now

Only if you put a little Fear style to your vocals and sing alot of songs about the greatness of beer!!

All I wanna do is play my guitar and DRINK SOME BEER!!:kickass: :kickass:

"And I crawl to the refrigerator
And I peek inside
And I feel like somebody drove nails
Into my head and eyes
And I'm hoping and I'm praying
I hope there's one more beer"