Purchasing questions

Elohim Meth

Jun 4, 2004
Flagstaff,Arizona USA
Im seeing way to many special edition Opeth CDs just had some questions about buying some. First of all delivarance and damnation,as dumb of a question as this is it worth buying or are they going to just release Specialeditions of them.Then Still Life a question about the whole digi pack crap,with my hate for the flimsy little cardboard digi packs is their any difference in the actual audio quality?Oh yeah and if some one could just tell me what not to buy out of all the weird editions and what to buy.

My suggestion is to buy the first copy you see of what you don't have. Its all you really need as everything else is really just to make the record company money. Because everyone knows that the bands don't make shit off of selling cds because the industry is full of money hungry bastards.

The Still Life digipack isnt a digipack... it's just a regular clear plastic case CD with a cardboard sleeve... and there are no alternatives, it's the only one available.

As far as the others go... special editions dont have anything different in them. The tin editions dont have bookelts... so they're just realy novelty items. Just get the regular edition of each. Morningrise, Orchid and MAYH all come with bonus tracks on the re-releases, but they arent 'limited editions' or anything.

Cheese?!

Anyway, I wasnt aware that there was actualy a digipack... I just assumed people thought the cardboard sleeve edition was a digipack. My bad.

Detric said:
Why not? I have Orchid in tin and Iam planing to buy MAYH and MR too, in tin. Thinks its cool...Also a nice sticker in it.

They may look cool, with the embossed logo, sticker and all that, but no booklet and, together with this, there're no more bonus tracks or something really worth the money. It all is about record companies trying to make money desperately. With so many limited and special editions, one day I think the normal editions will be more valuable...

You might be right. But I just want everything with Opeth. I dont really care that the record company wants to make money.