Putting my songs on Internet

{D|aBo|uS}

WarIsMyShephard
Jul 8, 2004
Hi, I've seen that it is a good idea to put songs on Internet. I thought that my stuff sucked a little too much to try it. But listening to others stuff, I really don't mean that the others stuff suck!, in fact it's good stuff. But, listening to others, I may not be that bad. The things is that my band is getting started, so we have just found a drummer, but our songs still have the electronic drum (on which we spend hours hehe...to make it look real). And still we have no singer, so there are no lyrics on the songs. Perhaps I should put it anyway on internet. First, what do you think. Second, How do I do it?!?

{D|aBo|uS} said:
Hi, I've seen that it is a good idea to put songs on Internet. I thought that my stuff sucked a little too much to try it. But listening to others stuff, I really don't mean that the others stuff suck!, in fact it's good stuff. But, listening to others, I may not be that bad. The things is that my band is getting started, so we have just found a drummer, but our songs still have the electronic drum (on which we spend hours hehe...to make it look real). And still we have no singer, so there are no lyrics on the songs. Perhaps I should put it anyway on internet. First, what do you think. Second, How do I do it?!?
Hey D|aBo|uS,
first off I would have a purpose for putting it online (think marketing your band) and then I would defenitely do it. A lot of people have been telling me about myspace.com to post songs and info about your band or self, I would start there (it's free).
Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey D|aBo|uS,
first off I would have a purpose for putting it online (think marketing your band) and then I would defenitely do it. A lot of people have been telling me about myspace.com to post songs and info about your band or self, I would start there (it's free).
Chris.

I understand the Idea of "marketing my band" but wouldn't it be better if I wait 'til my band get's a singer and that we record the drum riffs. Or it's ok to put it right now just to give people kind of an idea about my band? I don't know

{D|aBo|uS} said:
I understand the Idea of "marketing my band" but wouldn't it be better if I wait 'til my band get's a singer and that we record the drum riffs. Or it's ok to put it right now just to give people kind of an idea about my band? I don't know
Hell,
post it so any potential singer can have intant access to your music. Not only to hear, but also write something to for an audition with you.
Take Care, Chris.

Right, good point. Thx. Oh and BTW, I think it's just great that a guy like you with so much experience and so few time to waste help us with stuff like this. Real cool.

Yup, that's cool from Chris he's a nice guy, he gives us attention but he gets back good attention. If he didn't have his own website I probably didn't listen THAT much to Jag Panzer and tell my friends about Jag Panzer. Oh btw, you can also put your songs just into a midi file like I do. The only things is that it is ofcourse totally not the real sound but it can give a good preview and it's small file size. What is also good about midi is that you don't have to spend so much time in it. It takes some time ofcourse but not as long as recording everything very good.

Yeah but the recording is already done, so hehe. I have the files in mp3. I know that the recording isn't perfect. But for the amount of money that we spent (0$), I think it's damn good quality. Well, I think...hehe. We really don't have much equipment, so I think it's a point to consider when listening to our songs.