Pyramaze = FUCK YEAHS

I'm listening "Enigmatic Calling" CD by "Pagan's Mind" right now which I find really good. I actually found out about them in these forums in a similar thread a while back.
I'm a little bothered by the guitar sound (sounds like POD) but the music is really nice...

As for pyramaze I thought the previous album was more interesting but had bad production. The one with Barlow singing didn't do anything for me.

marcus you do not know what youre talking about
those vocals ruined it :(

I'm listening "Enigmatic Calling" CD by "Pagan's Mind" right now which I find really good. I actually found out about them in these forums in a similar thread a while back.
I'm a little bothered by the guitar sound (sounds like POD) but the music is really nice...

Pagan's Mind has been my go to band for the past several years - and Jorn Viggo Lofstad is the man. I absolutely love his playing with them and on almost every Jorn (Jorn Lande) album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes they throw down some cheese, but what about Manticora? They are like a thrashier Blind Guardian but of course it goes without saying they never reach the vocal splendor provided by Hansi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't often promote my own stuff but if you don't hate female singers and like a bit of power metal then we might be to your liking. Click on the logo in my sig for the link.

I went through the first 2 tracks. Sounds pretty good. Looking forward to hearing more from you guys. Cheers!

Check out the previous Pyramaze album which had Lance King singing. IMO a much better album overall with some really top songwriting and vocal melodies. Immortal seemed abit too simple in comparison. Also, I will always recommend the local Aussie band Eyefear for a good dose of prog/ power. I think you may prefer their newest album, the Unseen over the old ones.

Man, tons of great suggestions guys, thanks! And I dunno, usually I HAET melodramatic baritone singers, but Matt Barlow is just so fucking epic and badass (that cop pic of him, what a motherfucker, and I mean that in the most flattering sense :D), I allow him to permeate the membrane otherwise protecting me from ridiculous Baritones (Warrel Dane does not get the same privilege, mainly cuz his singing style seems to revolve around gargling :loco: )