Pyramaze studio report - Part II

dragonlance

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2004
Hi there!

This is our seventh day of recording in the Jacob Hansen studio.

I have been working on the rhythm guitars since Monday, and they are turning out very sweet. The album is getting some very heavy riffing, but without losing melody, so I’m quite sure that the people who like Melancholy Beast, will like the new one too.

The recording of the rhythm guitars is a very hard job, because I’m layering all the rhythms four times (as in playing exactly the same stuff on top of each other four times). This is to make the sound even more heavy, and to those of you who don’t know it, this is used in almost every heavy metal recording these days.

I have just finished song nr. 7, and I’m sitting in our studio apartment as I’m writing this. Other than spending a lot of time with recording our songs, the evenings are mostly spent playing X-box and watching movies. Jonah and Toke spend a lot of time practising some of their solo parts during the day, while I record the rhythm and harmony guitars. The studio is located very much out in the sticks, so there’s not much else to do.

Enjoy the pics from the guitar session, and come back in a few days for the next update.

All the best

Michael Kammeyer and Pyramaze :headbang:

DSCN1906_1.jpg

DSCN1907.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

dragonlance said:
Hi there!

This is our seventh day of recording in the Jacob Hansen studio.

The recording of the rhythm guitars is a very hard job, because I?m layering all the rhythms four times (as in playing exactly the same stuff on top of each other four times). This is to make the sound even more heavy, and to those of you who don?t know it, this is used in almost every heavy metal recording these days.

Great news. !! Looking forward to hearing some samples. ^__^

Layering tracks does pretty much suck though. I'm no pro, I just play around with a home digital studio. By the time I am ready to lay down the rythm tracks, I could play it behind my head and drink a beer at the same time. As soon as I sart to record though I misfret a chord or hit an extra string at least two or three times. Arrgghh...... It's all part of the process though I suppose.

Bryant

Mxgonzo said:
Hay Mike! Just out of Curiosity. What's your rig set up?

I'm using a Marshall 8100 amp -and then i record the rhythms x2 with a marshall cab. and x2 with a Mesa cab. This provides me with a kick-ass sound!
:devil: