Queensryche : Atlanta : The Roxy : Tonight : Roll Call!

I will. Might miss Ultradrive though... depends on how fast Wolfgang Puck's is tonight. And how fast I drive after my guitar lesson.

Although Queensryche is probably my all-time favorite band, if they were playing my living room, I'd go upstairs and listen to my iPod.

:Spam:

Zod

What was the moment that made you stop having any desire to see the band live? As well as any desire to hear anything new form them (or maybe you'll listen to other new material just not a Mindcrime sequel).

What was the moment that made you stop having any desire to see the band live?
Two things... the inclusion of Mindcrime II material in their set list, and the band being a shadow of its former self. Having seem the band in its glory days (Empire tour, first time they did Mindcrime in its entirety) and more recently (Q2K tour), there's no comparison. I've seen Queensryche tribute bands that are more faithful reproduction of the band's sound.

By the way, at that Q2K tour I saw, Geoff actually chastised the crowd for not being into the show. And said that we couldn't expect the band to give a great performance if we weren't into it. Well, what do you expect when you play a ton of post-Promise Land material?

As well as any desire to hear anything new form them...
Hear in the New Frontier, Q2K, Tribe, Operation: Mindcrime II.

Let's be fair, if a new band released music of this quality, they wouldn't even get an opening slot at ProgPower.

Zod

By the way, at that Q2K tour I saw, Geoff actually chastised the crowd for not being into the show. And said that we couldn't expect the band to give a great performance if we weren't into it. Well, what do you expect when you play a ton of post-Promise Land material?

Was that the Beacon Theater show? I've got a video of that one and Geoff chastized the crowd specifically because everyone in the front row sat for the first hour & 45 minutes or so. They received his "you give, we give" lecture for good reason. I don't think there's any musician that would tolerate that when there's crazy fans in the back that would kill for those seats. Bruce Dickinson was very vocal about the same situation when Maiden played Ozzfest.

Also, the Q2K setlist was heavy on Mindcrime: Rev. Calling, Speak, Spreading the Disease, Needle Lies, Electric Requiem, Breaking the Silence, IDBIL, Eyes

The standard three Empire songs - JCW, Empire, SL

Plus Walk in the Shadows, Damaged, and a cover of Bullet the Blue Sky on some of the legs.

That's 13 "old" or "classic" songs and 7 Q2K songs, plus a cover, which isn't all that bad considering they were touring on the new Q2K record.

One of my favorites as well, but I don't think I've ever seen it live. I'm sure they've played it sometime, somewhere.

lol @ Zod... thanks on the one count, and you're probably right on the other. You figure out which is which. ;)

Was that the Beacon Theater show? I've got a video of that one and Geoff chastized the crowd specifically because everyone in the front row sat for the first hour & 45 minutes or so.
No... the State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ. And it wasn't just the front row. Everyone was seated, because the band sucked.

Also, the Q2K setlist was...
That's definitely not the set list we got. Maybe it was the HitNF tour. Honestly, I'm not certain.

Zod

Hear in the New Frontier, Q2K, Tribe, Operation: Mindcrime II.

Let's be fair, if a new band released music of this quality, they wouldn't even get an opening slot at ProgPower.

Zod

That's a bit unfair. One of those has one song on it that I like.

As for tonight... I'm working.