Queensryche : Atlanta : The Roxy : Tonight : Roll Call!

killer show as usual. Cheiron, Sean and I were there....missed ya though! Oh well. They also played The Hands off OM2. Which is totally the best song on that album to me. Also, Blabbermouth have a link right now to 2 acoustic songs they did on a radio show this week, The Hands and one other. Sounded cool.

Yeah, I was really impressed with the setlist... IIRC, we got the Whisper, Screaming in Digital, Surgical Strike, and WitS from RFO. Only 3 post-HitNF songs (Hostage, I'm American, and another, slower one I don't know... was that The Hands?). Really glad I went... I would have to recommend seeing this tour to my fellow old-school Queensryche fans.

It was also cool seeing some people and getting to meet a couple of new folks, incl. Jon and Ann--thanks for letting me hang with you guys! :)

They were much better last night than they were last year at the Tabernacle. I had to leave pretty early at around 10 because the walk to the MARTA station from the venue was about 20 minutes and the walk from the other station to my apartment is about 10, it was pouring rain, and I had a test this morning, but what I was able to see was really good. Great setlist.

Yeah, I was really impressed with the setlist... IIRC, we got the Whisper, Screaming in Digital, Surgical Strike, and WitS from RFO. Only 3 post-HitNF songs (Hostage, I'm American, and another, slower one I don't know... was that The Hands?). Really glad I went... I would have to recommend seeing this tour to my fellow old-school Queensryche fans.

It was also cool seeing some people and getting to meet a couple of new folks, incl. Jon and Ann--thanks for letting me hang with you guys! :)

Whoa! They played Surgical Strike? I haven't seen them play that song since they toured with Ozzy on the RFO tour! :headbang:

Whoa! They played Surgical Strike? I haven't seen them play that song since they toured with Ozzy on the RFO tour! :headbang:

Yep, it was pretty fuckin' cool. ;) In fact, I waited around a while (all the better not to risk a DUI) and Eddie and Michael wound up coming out for a bit... I made an off-hand comment to someone that we should be encouraging Queensryche to play more RFO stuff. Wilton overheard me and responded something like: "What? We even played Surgical Strike... when was the last time you heard *that* one?" I had to respond, "Hey, I'm thrilled with the setlist... you had me at The Whisper." And somehow I neglected to mention Neue Regel.

Anyway, this is a full setlist I found and appears to be correct from what I remember:

The Whisper
Damaged
Speak
I'm American
NM 156
Screaming in Digital
Bridge
Until There Was You
Neue Regel
Surgical Strike
Hostage
The Hands
Another Rainy Night (Without You)
Jet City Woman
The Needle Lies
Empire
Eyes of a Stranger

Encore:

Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd)
Silent Lucidity
Walk In the Shadows
Take Hold of the Flame

Except for those who are not fond of RFO (crazy buggers :loco:), I fail to see how most people could possibly complain about this setlist. Bridge was a real shock too. I had completely forgotten about this show until a girl here at work mentioned it like a week or so ago. I'm glad she did!!

Shaye

Heh, Neue Regel - they played that here last week as well, and I remarked to Chris that when I first got RFO, I was in junior high and taking my first year of German, so I went to my teacher and asked what "regel" meant. Not knowing the context, she answered that it referred to (and this is indeed true, although it's a minor definition) menstruation.

I was surprised to hear Bridge, too - given that it's very much a DeGarmo song, I would never have expected them to play it. (Of course, I never would have expected Dream Theater to play Eve without Kevin, either.)

I had a call once at work from a guy who ran a company called "Neue Regel." I waited until after I'd taken care of his issue and then I just HAD to ask... "Hey, I don't suppose your business is named after a song by--"

"--Queensryche, yep! You're the first person who's recognized it." :heh:

I thought to myself, "Hmmm, this metalhead dude clearly needs more metalheads as clients." :lol: