Queensryche to open for Judas Priest

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
QUEENSRŸCHE Confirmed For JUDAS PRIEST Tour? - Feb. 11, 2005

According to www.metalsetlists.com, it was announced immediately prior to QUEENSRŸCHE taking the stage at The Warfield in San Francisco Thursday night (Feb. 10) that they will in fact be opening for JUDAS PRIEST on their upcoming U.S. tour.

PRIEST have yet to announce their U.S. tour plans but it is expected that they will be scheduling a headlining run in the summer. Other rumored support acts for the trek are DIO and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY.

PRIEST singer Rob Halford confirmed in a recent interview with Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM that QUEENSRŸCHE were one of the acts being considered for the tour, but stressed at that time (late January) that a final decision had not yet been made regarding the trek's lineup.

I agree, it would be different if QR had some good tunes any more these days. Dio would be awesome he's still waving the Metal flag. BLS, while I am not too into them would still be ok.

KMADD said:
Man whatever I'd rather see priest take on a well respected european band like
Dimmu Borgir, Dark Tranquility, Cradle Of Filth and so on.

Not me. Not that I think Queensryche is the right fit.... Dio would have been cooler.

I usually complaint because I can't attend any concert being stranded in the third world.

This is not one of those times. Dio fits undoubtedly, but BLS or QR not. There are many other US bands more fit to join JP on tour.

So that'd be QR for the UK and Europe too? That'd be cool to see them live :) I haven't been to a proper Metal show for AGES! :yell:

Interesting that QR would chose to open for JP, instead of having a headlining tour for "Mindcrime II". Guess their fanbase has evaporated so much due to years of neglect, that they don't think that they can be a headliner anymore.

Regardless, would be a pretty cool show to see.

Meh...that'll be ok. At least I get to see another famous band :loco:

Makes sense considering the recent trends. Like Funeral For A Faggot opening for Iron Maiden :yuk:

I would love to see Priest with Dio and BLS. 3 of my favorite bands. If Queensryche plays then rock on, if they don't then I'm sure they'll find some one else that will rock

They should take Candlemass, Overkill, Maiden, Manilla Road, Saxon, Venom, and Obituary out on tour with them.

(I can dream, can't I? :p )

Jean-Pierre said:
They should take Candlemass, Overkill, Maiden, Manilla Road, Saxon, Venom, and Obituary out on tour with them.

(I can dream, can't I? :p )

Now that would be a show! :)

SickBoy said:
Let's say Jag Panzer... They really deserve it.

Woah, I'll respectfully pass on the Panzer. I'm Lactose Intolerant and that is just too much dairy in my Metal. :erk: :Spin:

Actually this probably won't go over too well with a lot of the hard-core Metallists among us, but I'd actually prefer getting the opening act that IS doing about 7-8 dates with Priest, and that is Paradise Lost from the U.K.

My interest in those guys actually got re-invigorated when I saw them open up for Opeth about two years ago.