Question about a Dream Theater album...

Trial of Tears does indeed rock :headbang:

You have to get Scenes from a Memory. It is a classic, and possibly Dream Theaters benchmark album so far. Big call considering they also have I&W and Awake, but I reckon if I were to choose an album that defined DT, it would be SFAM.

6DOIT has some awesome songs on it. Glass Prison is amazing, and the solo that JP laid down for Goodnight Kiss is just phenomenal!

But I'm with Salty.... Train of Thought is going to ROCK! Have heard some samples and they sound fuckin tops! Can't wait.

Ohhhh..... WDADU :headbang: The ones who tried to set the sun and Light Fuse and Get away AND Afterlife in particular :headbang:

Blitzkrieg said:
Sydo, you should have given me 6 Degrees, I still haven't got it yet.
Don't bother dude. The Glass Prison, Blind Faith and Misunderstood are amazing, but the rest sound more disjointed than Sydney Train Control.

The only song I have heard is The Glass Prison, which is awesome, but not enough to judge an album on, and when I keep hearing that it is the best thing on there it doesn't really make me want to rush out and get it. It is still on my list though, and I will pick it up one day.

Still, the Petrucci solo at the end of Goodnight Kiss is possibly the best solo he has ever done. Its definatly up there.

Misunderstood, Blind Faith, Disapear and The Great Debate are all top songs. Infact, the whole first cd is awesome. The second disc is great as 8 individual songs, but as 1 song, a bit of a let down. I was expecting it to match ACOS, but it is so far from that. Still has some great parts like Goodnight Kiss, Solitary Shell \, About to Crash, and The Test that stumped the mall