Question about a live gig.

dAnus

Dec 3, 2003
www.herrieavond-online.tk
Jesterday i was looking at a gig of Katatonia - 1996 - Geleen - Holland.
I was wondering, Who is doing vocalduties?
Probably a stupid question, but i couldn't find the right face with the vocalist...

Can someone enlight me?

Thanks.

According to a bootleg video i have from 11/96 Anders says, "Our vocalist has lost his voice and is on his way back home." Anders is singing on the video.

the link is ftp://katatonia.mine.nu and it works only when the owner (Hobo from this forum) is online.
i have some bootlegs from this ftp server (three gigs from '96 i think) and was pretty confused when watched them for the first time, was wondering the same mainly because of the poor quality. but, yes, it's Anders doing the vocal and guitar duties during this tour, it's completely unreal, really, he's a damn gifted freak o_O .
Jonas - drums
Fred - guitar
Mike Oretoft (not really sure) - bass

Varg- said:
Anders usually sings on every live gig... not the prime vocals though...

yes, i know.
the vocal parts on the first Katatonia albums are thouroughly different than on DO and the following pieces, i mean not that 'complicated' and exacting structered, therefore maybe not that difficult the take both lines at the same time - guitar and singing.
for all that, my compliments!

Yeah, it's kinda hard. Not every man has that ability.
But check out Micke Åkerfeldt in opeth. He does extremely hard guitars(tight) and good vocals, live. That's fascinating.
Also Abbath in Immortal... really good.