question about andy sneap's drum samples...

MultiM

Jun 28, 2013
Paris, France
hey guys:
any ideas if the snares are top snares or bottom snares, or both. I am using EZDrummer and using apTrigga to replace the snares and kicks.
and what kind of drums did mr. andy use on these samples? and from your personal experiance,can I use the samples for modern/death metal?
thanks

Can you use what samples? The stick EZDrummer ones? You use Metal Machines? You shouldn't need to replace anything if that's the case as I hear MM is quite awesome.

Oh, well the stock EZD is like sooooo old and overdone by now. Do whatever works though! There are a ton of free samples floating around on here.

hey guys:
any ideas if the snares are top snares or bottom snares, or both. I am using EZDrummer and using apTrigga to replace the snares and kicks.
and what kind of drums did mr. andy use on these samples? and from your personal experiance,can I use the samples for modern/death metal?
thanks

the old sneap samples? theyre full samples with reverb and everything

I'm not thinking about buying MM,but I downloaded the samples from another sites,it was uploaded to rapidshare,all the links to andy's sites is still broken till now and the dropboxes is broken too, the one I downloaded is not really big, just 15Mb, anyone has another link? to the original one?

I'm not thinking about buying MM,but I downloaded the samples from another sites,it was uploaded to rapidshare,all the links to andy's sites is still broken till now and the dropboxes is broken too, the one I downloaded is not really big, just 15Mb, anyone has another link? to the original one?

I have the samples at home, I can upload them tonight when I get home. They have a little reverb but you can trim that out.

The Sneap snare and kick are pretty cool, as are the chimera toms. Not as super processed as some on here might be used to with SSD etc, but with a bit of compression they're great!

I still blend the sneap snare into stuff from time to time, same with the kick.

As far as your original question, I have no idea what drums he used, but the snare sounds like a blend of top, bottom and overheads with reverb added. If Andy Sneap uses them to mix melodic death metal, you certainly can too! Best way to find out is to mess around with them!

Good luck

I still blend the sneap snare into stuff from time to time, same with the kick.

As far as your original question, I have no idea what drums he used, but the snare sounds like a blend of top, bottom and overheads with reverb added. If Andy Sneap uses them to mix melodic death metal, you certainly can too! Best way to find out is to mess around with them!

Good luck

hey man thanks! but a little question, what VST do you use to blend snares,or kicks , I'm not really into apTrigga2.

Well I use Pro Tools so it's an RTAS, but I use Trigger and Massey DRT. If you want the good tools you gotta pony up some cash!