question about bands performing on stage

brightkelly

Dec 9, 2004
New York
I once heard that something about performing on stage, you cant overlook the audience, but you can't stare at one person in the crowd either. But it seems in metal shows, musicians have direct eye contact with audience often, even smile and wink at you, when they're not banging their heads!

If someone winks at you on stage, how are you going to react? By smiling back(winking back) ?

That, or just yell back or something, show your energy. Not only will it make the musician feel better about his night (well, I can only imagine, it's not fun to smile or give someone attention and they just stand there) but it'll make you feel better. I mean, don't smile back if it's a metal show :lol:. You're near the stage, with full of sweaty men pushing themselves and going apeshit.

Just my 2cents.

you people should watch a Gorgoroth gig, most intense shit ever. Gaahl looks and points at you while screaming at a unbeliaveble intensity, untill you shit bricks.
200px-Gaahl_Gorgoroth.jpg

i've seen vids and heard the songs, nothing compares to this fagoot live shit

I once heard that something about performing on stage, you cant overlook the audience, but you can't stare at one person in the crowd either. But it seems in metal shows, musicians have direct eye contact with audience often, even smile and wink at you, when they're not banging their heads!

If someone winks at you on stage, how are you going to react? By smiling back(winking back) ?

Because Metal Music is all about following the rules....
You are thinking theater performance, not musical performance. If someone smiles and winks at you, he either wants to fuck you, or hes making fun of you to his friends because you are ugly as shit. React Accordingly.

Stop being afraid of how to act at a metal show, and just go to one ffs. Whats the worst thing that can happen, old timer metalheads will think you are lame and uncool? Well, its obvious you are a young kid, so they are going to think that anyway. I remember seeing Leave's Eyes a few years back, and I was right in front of their guitarist who had a striking resemblance to Dave Mustaine. Between every song "Hanger 18!!!" "Holy Wars!" and at one point "Master of Puppets!!!". He laughed, handed me his set list and his drink :p.