question about COB setup

arkard

New Metal Member
Sep 2, 2004
What kind of strings would be best for playing COB stuff. I have a fender strat. And also what should i set my amp to for the best COB sound. I also have overdrive on my amp. Thank you and this is my first post.

for strings try some Zakk Wylde signature series boomer. theres two different kinds. both are thick though. or some Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky. those would work.

if you have to ask for what kind of strings you need to use, come on man, what ever feels good on your fingers go with it, i use 9's on my guitar tuned to D for my bodom stuff (elixers are the shit) but if you do insist on using a set of strings suggested, ghs lotune boomers (i believe there 10-70 but im not sure, there beefy though)

AND ANOTHER THING

...really i can understand wanting to have a tone like your guitar hero or
what not, but why not make your own tone dude? the last thing we need is a bunch of alexi wannabes wanting to sound just like him....*errrrrrrrrrr wait a sec.....* o_O :confused:

conclusion MAKE YOUR OWN TONE!!!!

*btw this in not meant to flame you or nothing, but come on man those were some seriously noobish questions, how long you been playing?

^exactly, but some of us also have modded the hell out of said cheap ass guitars to make them killer axes (bob for instance with his white RR)

need i remind you of the rx10d? i believe bob mentioned thats where the body came from and the neck was from a dx10d or something to that effect (sorry if im fuckin this up bob!-i want that fuckin axe!!)

Body - RX10D - 100 bucks
Neck - DK-2 - 150 Bucks
Mods, parts, paint, and Labor - $250 altogether.

Total - 500 +/- $50

having a guitar no one else has - Priceless

Alexi Laiho's Bro said:
why not?
it has 6 strings,PUPS, fingerboard isnt'it?

Horrible Tone generally, and they dont have the feel for me...But thats just how I like to play