Question About Dark Genesis

Deathmoor

Raven & Blood
Oct 3, 2001
the dark winter
Hey all, i'm thinking about getting Dark Genesis because i don't have any IE albums so i thought that would be a good place to start. However there is one factor id like to be sure on before i buy it the five discs do they come in individual cases in the box? they do have their own cases and booklets right? its not just one big box with five disc places because if it is i don't think i'll buy it.

I have to say that the packaging of Dark Genesis is stunning. The cds do not come in individual cases, but they each have their own seperate places, with the picture that is on the cd also underneath it. There are two cds own each side, and Tribute to the Gods is contained on the back of the last page. In the middle is a booklet that contains a full biography of Iced Earth. A Full Biography. Covering about 15 pages (front being one page, and back being another), and also pictures of them live. The rest of the booklet contains the lyrics from each cd (except for Tribute to the Gods since it is a cover cd). Believe me, Dark Genesis is well worth its price, and the packaging is as good as it gets. I highly recommend it.

I agree. The CD's are all embedded in the booklet (2 in front and 2 in back, not unlike most jewel cases or digipacks), except for Tribute to the Gods, which is in a sleeve which, from what I hear, is likely to scratch the CD.

For my DG albums, I keep each CD in a small-style jewel case (I had some left over from CD's that I tried to burn [not pirated music, mind you] that screwed up for one reason or another.). You can get empty cases (a set of 5 would be good) virtually anywhere cheap.

All of the CD's except the Enter the Realm demo are available individually remastered. I wish the box set included the booklet and individual jewel cases similar to those now found in stores, but the DG set is still excellent.

i dunno guys id like to have them in individual cases with their own booklets, and not in a box. If the albums would cost abit less i would have bought them instead of thinking of buying dark genesis. So i dunno maybe i'll wait for the price to come down like thats gonna happen.....

Mine was pretty cheap, actually, I only paid what I normally would have paid for two fullprice CD's, I don't know the $, but it was around 350 NOK(for those who care). And, it's one of the misprints, funny.

$60!!!!!! Wow, you paid way too much. I paid around $40, and then about two days after I ordered it, I saw it on theendrecords.com for $35!!!! So of course, I was upset for a few hours, but I got over it. But $60, wow.

I paid $52 for it plus shipping and handling. I couldn't find it anywhere in a music store without having to go all the way to Charlotte. Get the Boxset. What you would pay for the single CDs and the Demo will be more then if you did buy the Boxset.