Question About Dimarzio X2N

viva_360

Jun 3, 2004
www.facebook.com
Hi fellow Metal Guitarist, I am thinking of getting an X2N as alot of ppl in this forum praise it alot. I would like to ask the ppl who what used it or have any expreinces with it to tell me how it is.

I will be using the pickup for standard C tuning or Drop C to play Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage or Machine Head Songs is it a good idea?

Also is this pickup some what equal to the EMG-81 as i am also trying to get a pasive pickup which is somewhat equal to the EMG-81

Thx

I just bought and installed a Dimarzio X-2n Pickup, and it is one of the greatest decisions i have made. It brings an extremely clear sound, which leaves no room to hide, but manages to carry across one of the coolest sounds I've ever heard on a live guitar.
With my peavey express amp my axe sounds scarily similar to Metallic'a Kill 'em All album.
The X2N also, IMO, is really great for chords, tapping and really anything else.

I think its a good idea, and good luck getting the sound you want. If you have any more questions I'll try to help if I can.

I have them in 3 guitars and the bass version (X2N-B) in 3 basses.

They are, IMHO, the IDEAL pickup for metal. They're high output, but very clear and balanced. They will distort a clean amp though, so if you want to play really clean, don;t use the X2N. For balls-out shredding though, they're the ones! Much BETTER than EMGs because they're passive and they have a lot of "character" and aren't sterile like the EMGs. My opinion, of course.

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

no experience with X2N here, but I like my Dimarzio Superdistortion 2 a lot
btw: are there any sound-samples of the dimarzio-PUs online?

X2N is XcellEnt, I have one in my main axe, and it kills everyone else's tone i've heard around me that plays, it's got real nice even sound, and doesn't have a trace of mud.

The best place I know to get one would be Musicians Friend's website, it runs 75-79 bucks (depending on color), and has a bunch of color options, and is mailed right to you.
Best of luck to you

i put x2n's in my guitar, and they are solid all around pickups. they are great for extreme metal because they are so hot (the hottest dimarzio makes) but they are really clear and give a good solid tone, so they are more than suitable for leads. i didn't notice a drop in sustain, but i did notice an increase in gain.

i just bouhgt an x2n from ebay, and am waiting for it to arrive so i can install it in my old ibanez guiatr, my first guitar, an EXD series. i jsut a new neck on it, shark tooth inlay. i am going to try to install it myself, suing soder and sodering iron. as i read, and everyone here has said, they are supposed to push gain a litle, and give you a very clear tone, a true shedders dream! ive benn using seymour duncans, and thier okay, but not hte best. the best seymour dunbcan ive ever used, was a JB the same as dave musaine. i had that one installed in a platinum bc rich rich bich guitar, sounds awesoem actualy!

i just bouhgt an x2n from ebay, and am waiting for it to arrive so i can install it in my old ibanez guiatr, my first guitar, an EXD series. i jsut a new neck on it, shark tooth inlay. i am going to try to install it myself, suing soder and sodering iron. as i read, and everyone here has said, they are supposed to push gain a litle, and give you a very clear tone, a true shedders dream! ive benn using seymour duncans, and thier okay, but not hte best. the best seymour dunbcan ive ever used, was a JB the same as dave musaine. i had that one installed in a platinum bc rich rich bich guitar, sounds awesoem actualy!