Question about drum sample layering

MetalMiller

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2008
Hesse Germany
www.youtube.com
Ok, it´s easy to put two instances of APtrigga in sequence to layer different drum samples. But not every sample is cut exactly or have different silent lenght at the beginning. Furthermore they can´t be in phase (or only with luck). One solution would be a vst wich delays the first signal. I know that marcus asked once about a vst with this option. How do you guys approach this problem? Ah.. and i also know that drumagog has an phase knob, but this can´t be the only way. Or must i always do it manual to get the most punch out of two snares for example. Thanks in advance...

are you opening aptrigga up twice and using both on the same track or are u loading 2 samples into 1 instance of aptrigga?...also what DAW are u using

aptrigga is supposed to be 0 Latency...when u play it sounds fine but if u look at the wave form the transients tend to be a little off here and there

Doesn't aptrigga have something like 'auto-align' like drumagog does?

Also, what daw are you on?

I always wondered what this "auto alig rhing does", maybe you can explain it to me. Think AT hasn´t this feature. I´m using cubase sx and what i recognized is that, if i layer two samples by hand with the waveform in phase i always get more punch than the same samples played by two triggers in sequence like AT or DG. What i exactly want to do is, to play one infernal snare sample and use it as trigger for some snare multi samples. This way i can get the crack and snap of the first sample in combination with less processed multi samples. And yes i open aptrigga twice, one for the heavily processed sample (stack mode) and one for the multis (sequnence mode).

Ok, think i got it. I just duplicate my snare track put APtrigga on each of them, and delay one track as long till it´s sounding right. To easy...:) But their must be a better way to do this.

print to track and nudge them till they're aligned? edit your samples so that they're in phase with each other before loading them into aptrigga?