Question about impedence

cobhc

Amiga Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2003
Nottingham, England.
I currently have a marshall 1936 cab with 75's that i run at 16ohm's in stereo. I can get hold of some v30's cheap, and these are both 16omh's, would i need to change any settings on my poweramp if i swap out the 75's for the v30's?

If you're just swapping speakers and the impedence is staying the same, you shouldn't need to change any settings.

Just out of interest though, V30's are rated at 60W and 75's at 75W right? So if you run them together, does it affect the sound of each driver? And if so how - i.e. do the V30's get pushed harder, the 75's a bit less, a combination of both, or neither?

Steve

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
If you're just swapping speakers and the impedence is staying the same, you shouldn't need to change any settings.

Just out of interest though, V30's are rated at 60W and 75's at 75W right? So if you run them together, does it affect the sound of each driver? And if so how - i.e. do the V30's get pushed harder, the 75's a bit less, a combination of both, or neither?

Steve

what i'm trying to ask is that if i run two 16ohm speakers in stereo, should i set my poweramp to 16 ohm's stereo as well?