Anyone want anything re-amped over the next few days? Looking for practise

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
Got a few extra amps sitting here with me over the next few days and wouldn't mind getting some extra practise recording guitars. Any kind of metal will do. I don't think I'm all that great with guitars so would love the practise.

Got
- 1982 JCM 800 2204
- Laney GH50 L W/ 6l6's
- Engl e530 pre
- Peavey Rockmaster pre
- Hafler T2 pre( clean only dirty channel is broken)
- Marshall 9200 dual monobloc tube poweramp

A few guys are leniding me amps at the minute so I also got

- Bugera 6260
- Peavey Windsor
- 14 watt home built head, belongs to TheDriller here who lent it to me when he moved to Scotland.

Cab wise got
Marshall 1936 oversized 2X12 w gt75s
Laney 4X12 w gt75's
Harley Benton 2X12 w V30's
Mesa Roadking 4X12

For mics I've got sm57's, I5, Audix D2's. I've some SDC's and a Joe Meek LDC too but I don't ever really use em on heavy guitars. I'll be using my red eye with a firepod for recording.

Anyone interested just post here or send me on a P.M I'll do them over the next few days while I've got the extra heads to play with. All I'll need are consolidated DI files and a stereo mix you want them to fit into with a decent amount of bass in it.

- 14 watt home built head, belongs to TheDriller here who lent it to me when he moved to Scotland.

I sure hope you're putting that little fucker to good use :)

its just as well i left it with you, the apartment we're in has walls, floors and ceilings made out of paper, so no way to play a real amp and cab.

the 18watt is just sitting here beside my desk completely unused :cry:

Me thinks the 6260 wont be such a popular choice, especially after Ermz's comments on the tonal garbage inherent in their sound. Neither will be the Harley Benton be a popular choice either me thinks.
However, the 2204 sounds like supreme choice despite the whole "OH IT'S SHIT COMPARED TO THE 2203" bullshit hype you hear (I'm a big fan of Tom Morello's tone, he's a 2204 user), and me thinks the E530 preamp + 9200 power amp + Road King Cab + SM57 sounds like it has the potential to be a killer combination.
Definitely interested in the Laney Cab too and what it's capable of

Here dude - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Inhalation Of Bile - DI tracks.rar

Please, reamp it!

Here a rough and shit mix by me is of the song - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Inhalation Of Bile - Mix 5.mp3

For the distorted tracks could you use - 1982 JCM 800 2204 - Laney 4X12 w gt75's for the 100% left and right tracks and the Engl e530 pre - Marshall 9200 dual monobloc tube poweramp - Mesa Roadking 4X12

PLEASSSSEEEE:D

And for the clean tracks maybe TheDriller's amp could go well?...

I would be interested in hearing how this song sounds through real amps! All the reamps that other people have done have been through amp sims, and though they sound fucking good, your selection of amps is so awesome man!

Me thinks the 6260 wont be such a popular choice, especially after Ermz's comments on the tonal garbage inherent in their sound. Neither will be the Harley Benton be a popular choice either me thinks.
However, the 2204 sounds like supreme choice despite the whole "OH IT'S SHIT COMPARED TO THE 2203" bullshit hype you hear (I'm a big fan of Tom Morello's tone, he's a 2204 user), and me thinks the E530 preamp + 9200 power amp + Road King Cab + SM57 sounds like it has the potential to be a killer combination.
Definitely interested in the Laney Cab too and what it's capable of

I wouldn't write off the Bugera that quickly. 1 guy says he doesn't like it and suddenly it's not popular? I've recorded this guys one a few times and its always turned out nice. I usually pair it up with the jcm. We're gonna give it a blend with the windsor this time round too for their album see how it goes.

My favourite rig out of the lot is actually the rockmaster-> marshall poweramp-> marshall 2X12. I've not tried it with the mesa yet since the mesa's a 4ohm cab and the marshall only works at 8 and 16. I can use it with half of the cab but haven't gotten around to it yet

Here dude - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Inhalation Of Bile - DI tracks.rar

Please, reamp it!

Here a rough and shit mix by me is of the song - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Inhalation Of Bile - Mix 5.mp3

For the distorted tracks could you use - 1982 JCM 800 2204 - Laney 4X12 w gt75's for the 100% left and right tracks and the Engl e530 pre - Marshall 9200 dual monobloc tube poweramp - Mesa Roadking 4X12

PLEASSSSEEEE:D

And for the clean tracks maybe TheDriller's amp could go well?...

I would be interested in hearing how this song sounds through real amps! All the reamps that other people have done have been through amp sims, and though they sound fucking good, your selection of amps is so awesome man!

Yeah downloading it now, will see if I can give it a go later on.
Looks like I mightn't have the mesa again for a while, the guy who owns it rang me there to say he's picking it up, thought I'd get a few more days with it.

Didn't that combo win the guitar competition? Obviously after "fixing" it, but still.

Yeah downloading it now, will see if I can give it a go later on.
Looks like I mightn't have the mesa again for a while, the guy who owns it rang me there to say he's picking it up, thought I'd get a few more days with it.

Cool, if you can't use the mesa cab for the other two tracks, use anything:lol: I just chose it because I like the name :D

Didn't that combo win the guitar competition? Obviously after "fixing" it, but still.

It did, but Ermz himself admitted that the amp was still full of inherent tonal junk anyway. It's usually a much safer option to get something going great from the source that needs minimal fixing after the fact