Question about Re-releases

Nirrad

New Metal Member
Jun 12, 2008
Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything. But my local HMV finally got Something Wild and Tokyo Warhearts. I've been trying to find these albums for a long ass time. But I read that they were re-releases of the classics. So do these sound significantly different from the originals? Because I love the sound of Something Wild and I don't want a remastered album that takes away that special sparkle that the albums had.

Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything. But my local HMV finally got Something Wild and Tokyo Warhearts. I've been trying to find these albums for a long ass time. But I read that they were re-releases of the classics. So do these sound significantly different from the originals? Because I love the sound of Something Wild and I don't want a remastered album that takes away that special sparkle that the albums had.

I doubt they are remastered. My Follow the reaper Re-Release had the Cover of Hellion,Single version of hate me and a enhanced ETID video. So it was just bonuses. Cool ones though. :)

Yeah this one has a bunch of bonus tracks as well, so I'm pretty exited. Not only that, but they are now $14.99 when the original prices were $25.99 which I what I paid for Follow the Reaper only 2 months ago. Kinda sucks that I could have saved 10 bucks, but oh well, I was happy when I finally got that. The first 3 were hard to find in my location before.

My advice is get them. I doubt the sound is anywhere worse or different. The FTR i got was sweet IMO and i now have every studio album plus tokyo warhearts from bodom.

Wow, ok so I just got back from picking up Something Wild and Tokyo Warhearts. Now I don't know about the original edition of Something Wild, but Spinefarm did a lousy job with the booklet. They have photos of all the members which is fine, but over Henkka it says "Janne Wirman: Keyboards" And for Jaska it says "Henkka Blacksmith: 5-strings". Wow.

Sorry if this was discussed in the past, I'm new here.

Wow, ok so I just got back from picking up Something Wild and Tokyo Warhearts. Now I don't know about the original edition of Something Wild, but Spinefarm did a lousy job with the booklet. They have photos of all the members which is fine, but over Henkka it says "Janne Wirman: Keyboards" And for Jaska it says "Henkka Blacksmith: 5-strings". Wow.

i noticed that as well my friend. it really made me laugh lol.

Lol :tickled:

Yeah, I got the 2008 editions of SW, HB, FTR, and Tokyo Warhearts the other day.

I heard FTR, and realized that it was the second mix. I was like "what the fuck is this shit"... so I had to reimport the previous version of FTR to Itunes again. :lol:

Does anyone know where to get the first mix of Follow The Reaper? Coz I only have the Spinefarm version of the album and that's the 2nd mix...

And yes, Alext does sound really drunk on Hellion, but on the other hand I doubt he's never 100% sober when doing the vocals for anything :lol:

Edit: I don't have any of the new releases, no point in me buying them because I already have all of the albums and all the covers released on the new ones I've gotten from... Other sources... >_>

Does anyone know where to get the first mix of Follow The Reaper? Coz I only have the Spinefarm version of the album and that's the 2nd mix...

And yes, Alext does sound really drunk on Hellion, but on the other hand I doubt he's never 100% sober when doing the vocals for anything :lol:

Edit: I don't have any of the new releases, no point in me buying them because I already have all of the albums and all the covers released on the new ones I've gotten from... Other sources... >_>

Get the deluxe edition of Follow the Reaper if you can find it, the one with Aces High and Hellion on it. It has the first mix.