Question about the 5.1 mix

Grumble Grumble

We die We all...
Oct 29, 2006
Saginaw,Michigan, USA
I know i also got to bother somebody regarding ordering but here i go again:loco:

5.1 mix was released as of march 12th(2 days ago) i preordered a while back, and was wondering if anyone has gotten it yet, if not have you got any kind of confirmation via email? i got the receipt and what not from my order but nothing pertaining to the actual shipment, thank ya'll.

I dont get the point of this 5.1 mix at all.
I've been working some with such mixes at university, and it has proven to work good with atmospheric / expermental music, using the backspeakers for ambience only. Now, with TGCD, we have a very stiff and clean soundscape, with very little room. The 5.1 mix will be most interesting, but I think its about milking the cash cow rather than taking the music to a new level.

I've been working some with such mixes at university, and it has proven to work good with atmospheric / expermental music, using the backspeakers for ambience only. Now, with TGCD, we have a very stiff and clean soundscape, with very little room. The 5.1 mix will be most interesting, but I think its about milking the cash cow rather than taking the music to a new level.

if u dont want/need it, dont buy it.
so simple.

What is the U.S. release date?

I pre-ordered it and the site where I ordered it from mentions April 24th even though it was released the March 12th?

(Never order from Best Buy guys anyways, other reasons)

It's April 24th for USA.

5.1 mix will kill. My system is ready for it. It will be close to Katatonia playing in my living room...in fact you guys can play if you want...Booze and Shoegaze 24/7!

I don't see it as milking cash...
TGCD has so many different layers and little ambient sounds in the background; I think it would really be great/intensive to hear this music in 5.1
I'm really curious about it

Er, is there a thread about the dvd tracklist?

Cause I ain't that happy.

I'd change

Soil's Song
Had to Leave
Wealth

with

Teargas
For My Demons
Tonight's Music

Has anyone received it yet? I pre-ordered my copy from snapper btw. Can't wait to hear this masterpiece in surround sound!