Question about the Kick-Off (for my sanity)

I'm not 100% sure I'm going, as the only band I'm interested in seeing is Borealis, but if I do, I'm going to be a day-of buyer as well, for the same reason as everyone else - if I can avoid paying fees to Ticketbastard, I will.

I plan on buying a couple; I'm sure I'll pick them up prior to the day of the show. There's no way I'm going to miss ACCEPT, and I'm really looking forward to the other bands, as well :headbang:

Sorry about the procrastination, but sometimes I forget that my laziness can cause sleepless nights for someone else!

(It's probably worth mentioning that I plan on buying a couple of Wednesday night tickets, as well, in case any of the interested parties are reading this :Spin: )

We've been on the fence. We have zero interest in Accept but do have some interest in Leprous but with the Ticket bastard fees the total ticket price doesn't warrant going just for Leprous. We will be a day of decision as we will be there Wed for Vangough and if we decide against Thurs we will watch opening night NFL at Hooters.

I'll definitely be there, no question whatsoever... I'm there every year for all 4 nights, Wednesday through Saturday. However, I will say that the Ticketmaster fees are certainly the biggest reason why I have not pre-purchased. I won't be buying day-of-show... I'll be in Atlanta on Sep 02 for DragonCon, so I'll buy then, several days before the show. This seems like a feasible option from my perspective... because being completely realistic about it, I don't know the likelihood of the Thursday show selling out on the day of show, but it seems highly unlikely that all the tickets will be gone by the weekend before the show. That said, if the tickets for Thursday were rapidly selling out, and it was clear that they would all be sold weeks or months before the show, I would have once again dropped trou and bent over for Ticketmaster, LOL. But since it seems almost certain that I can avoid the fees and pick up the tickets in person once I get to Atlanta, that's what I plan to do. I understand it can certainly be nerve-wracking for you, looking at the ongoing total sales, but whatever numbers you're presently working with, you can add another two guaranteed sales on the weekend before the show.

Purchased as of last night. Man, those Ticketbastard fees...wow. Convenience fee plus a processing fee plus a fee to print them out (because they only mail to your credit card's billing address, which is an old address for me :-/). 39 dollar show became like 50 quick. Oh well...

I know your hands are tied, though, Shane, so that of course is no knock on you.

Let me remind you all what happened with ProgPower Scandinavia ... due to lack of presales we had to cancel the festival. As a booking agent you can not rely on the fact that people will show up at the door and buy tickets.

We're less than a month away from Shane's "Kick Off" show now, and if people are planning on attending I really would urge them to go buy their tickets now.

Sure, ACCEPT will pull a bunch of local non-PP people, and they'll most likely just buy their tickets at the door. But the rest of us "progpower regulars" should do our part now in securing Shane's show and Shane's me(n)tal state ;)

c.

Let me remind you all what happened with ProgPower Scandinavia ... due to lack of presales we had to cancel the festival. As a booking agent you can not rely on the fact that people will show up at the door and buy tickets.

We're less than a month away from Shane's "Kick Off" show now, and if people are planning on attending I really would urge them to go buy their tickets now.
This.

I think people lose sight of the fact that this is a community. A community supports each other. Shane and Glenn shouldn't have to carry the entire burden of stress and risk. If you want this festival to remain, even during those years when the line up isn't your dream line up, you need to support it. For instance, if you're someone who would have paid twice what you paid to see Conception, when they were at ProgPower, than why not buy a ticket during a year when you're on the fence, just to support the festival and the scene?

I realize some folks will view this comment as "kissing ass". However, I have no need to kiss anyone's ass. It's just how I feel.

Thanks for all of the input and the support guys. Everyone has their own reasons for waiting to purchase tix, or to refrain from purchasing tix at all.

I just wanted to kind of reassure myself on the situation.

Also, Claus and Zod rule... That is all :headbang:

This.

I think people lose sight of the fact that this is a community. A community supports each other. Shane and Glenn shouldn't have to carry the entire burden of stress and risk. If you want this festival to remain, even during those years when the line up isn't your dream line up, you need to support it. For instance, if you're someone who would have paid twice what you paid to see Conception, when they were at ProgPower, than why not buy a ticket during a year when you're on the fence, just to support the festival and the scene?

I realize some folks will view this comment as "kissing ass". However, I have no need to kiss anyone's ass. It's just how I feel.

This. Come on folks get your tickets, support Shane, look at all he has done for the music scene, and he is family. And read carefully what Claus said, that is a true insight into how things are.