Question for Greg Massi

DrFleming

New Metal Member
Oct 23, 2007
As a fellow Joss Whedon fan, I ask you: What do you think of his latest series, Dollhouse?

-Moderator/s deleting this extremely weird and out of place post in 3... 2... 1...-

only seen one episode and wasn't too impressed but was told to watch the whole first season and then i would "get" it. Haven't had time lately so once i can settle in with a weekend with nothing going on and can watch the tapes i will give it a good viewing

only seen one episode and wasn't too impressed but was told to watch the whole first season and then i would "get" it. Haven't had time lately so once i can settle in with a weekend with nothing going on and can watch the tapes i will give it a good viewing

Dude, finally caught all of Children of Earth on BBC on demand. There were still a lot of eye rolling "I can't believe their trying to pull shit like this" moments, but all in all not a bad way to end a series.

Children of Earth, to me, will always be Russell T. Davies' finest hour. I know it was hard to see them try some shit in there. but i mean what other show can have a resolution accomplished by Captain Jack killing his own grandson. It was the type of series that made you feel sick inside with moral ambiguity and that is so amazing that RTD went there.

Its very nihilistic but it works...to me at least. Its Buffy Season Six taken to an even darker place.

Also I am pretty sure the series isn't over. I think there will be a season four.

btw, i should also mention that i love when shows end darkly and i think that is why it succeeded where doctor who finales tended to fail. You can't end doctor who with such misery and since that is what RTD loves doing, he had to compromise to make sure a suitable "happy ending" was in place and he isn't good at telling happy endings. he's good at destroying relationships and making sure no one in their right mind is happy and that is also why children of earth works so well. =)

btw, i should also mention that i love when shows end darkly and i think that is why it succeeded where doctor who finales tended to fail. You can't end doctor who with such misery and since that is what RTD loves doing, he had to compromise to make sure a suitable "happy ending" was in place and he isn't good at telling happy endings. he's good at destroying relationships and making sure no one in their right mind is happy and that is also why children of earth works so well. =)

You are right that he makes a horrible attempt at happy endings

I'm not huge on Torchwood in general but holy shit... the performance Barrowman turned in for Children of Earth!