Question for guitarists

oh yeah...Elixir .010

Yeah..it takes me about 30 mins to re-string mine. But if you only have 1 guitar and you change the tuning alot, it's a pain.

so my solution is i need to buy another guitar!

I use Ernie Ball .011's with a D'Adario .060 for the E-string....C actually, cinsidering the fact that I've got it tuned down to Drop-C.

Currently using Adamas "cryogenic" strings, .09 gauge, tuned to E... but I have it tuned to C (or B) most of the time (to play most of my songs). When it's tuned all the way down to B, I start getting some pretty bad "string buzz" or whatever you call it though. If you want to go to C or B you probably want thicker gauge... but I love thin strings for the crazy bends you can pull off! Especially since I have a Gibson SG-X, which has no tremolo bar to tweak the strings with.

i use Ernie Ball 10-48's and get a 54 for the 7th string... tune down a step(for Death and Bodom of course)... i'd buy 7 string sets, but my local shop stopped carrying em, so i gotta buy the extra string... what a rip...

(offtopic) how do i adjust the bridge on a floyd? like make it go up and down? my jackson with a floyd keeps going out of tune and even when i tune it, re tune it, stretch strings, retune etc... and how do i know when its perfect so that it won't go out of tune?

your FR should be flat before you actually start playing. also, it should not go out of tune once you lock it. just find a site for step-by-step directions on how to tune your FR, or wait for gavin or bob to post instructions

some heavy gauge strings (I used .58 or bigger when I tuned to C) and some tinkering with teh action and the floyd springs and screws and you'll figure it out.

changing string gauges on a Floyd is a pain in the ass.

gavin and bob gave me a site, but i just can't figure it out. i'm just gunna call a guitar store and ahve them set it up for me again and see if they can teach me how.

AHh, Kev Easton's....

Dude, basically, don't unclip the saddle next to the pickup...

The rest is common sense man.... Just do it slowly and if it makes it easier, write down exactly what you do, step by step, so if you fuck up you know how to backtrack.

I got .11s on D-tuned ESP and .10s on Standard-tuned Jackson.
Both have licensed floyd rose's... I hate changing my strings... always seem to fuck up the tune.. Any tips and how bout posting the site or any site with some helping pointers or guides please.

GHS Boomer 9's tuned to D Standard

I also adjust the trem springs so that the bridge sticks up a little bit so I can bend up like 4 fucking octaves, haha.

" I can bend up like 4 fucking OCTAVES"

Yeah right... Since guitar has what, like 4 octaves.. you can bend from low F on low e to highest f on high e string?