Guitarists I have a question for you

It's a nice guitar but I probably wouldn't buy one myself. Maybe if I were rich and had the spare money lying around but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it. Got any pics of it?

And/or recordings...?

it sounds pretty damn good when he plays it in class...i don't know if he has recordings of it on his computer...but then again, i'm sure he's reading this and he'll answer...lol.

I have a video of some kid playing the white ESP and it sounds pretty much like Alexi's guitar tonewise so I can imagine how it sounds. It's a shame he sucks at playing it though.

I've kinda stopped being an Alexi fanboy now and basically increased my love for Paul Gilbert. I really love everything about him in the 1986-1988 era so I'll probably see if I can try out a Marshall ADA MP1 since that was the main part of his tone back then.

what did he record during that time?

(hey Mitch, do you have msn? i feel like we're just going back and forth chatting in here, so IM just sounds more practical)

He recorded 4 Racer X albums between that time and they're all completely mind-blowing from a technical standpoint. I actually really enjoy the actual songwriting too, plus Jeff's voice is amazing.

damn 4 albums in two years?! pretty crazy. but he must've had songs saved from before...i don't know much of racer x's material, just some of the technical difficulties stuff. but now i think i'm gonna check the other stuff out.

Well actually it was 2 studio albums and 2 live albums but yeah, they still count imo.

Technical Difficulties is the new era Racer X (Technical Difficulties, Superheroes) and there's less shred. He went more bluesy, especially since he'd been playing with Mr. Big for a few years before he re-joined RX.

what's the name of those albums?

and the bluesy stuff sounds pretty good imo :D

Studio:

1986 - Street Lethal
1988 - Second Heat

Live:

1988 - Live Extreme Volume 1
1992 - Live Extreme Volume 2

Re-united (yay)

2000 - Technical Difficulties
2001 - Superheroes
2003 - Getting Heavier

-[chop]-;5697180 said:
Hard? if you give some blood sweat and tears in to it...Its not that hard ^^

I play it that way and only :)

Eh, my way is easier. :loco:

Im not gonna chance the way i play it :D cuz i have played it the "hard" way ever since i heard that song....

Well essentially you should try all of the different ways so you can find out which one suites you best. I did and I know which one I like the best so that's the one I play. There's no point making something uneccessarily hard just because of that reason.

But this one i have played since the stone age ;D and im at 85% of speed im not chancing :) and it doesnt feel wierd...come teh msnz0rz ffsz0rz!!!!

i do have some recordings on my old computer but nothing on this new one. but ill be recording some stuff shortly.