Question for Marcel

hi Marcel,

I've just bought a Classic Rock DVD called Night of the guitars. Though there's a lot of really bad shit on it I must say I was very impressed by Ian Crichton (SAGA). How do you rate this guy?

Have you ever performed on any such festivals? And if so is there a recording of it?

Wouter

Conrad says he saw us live in Zoetermeer and thinks it's a shame that the lyrics of "The Escape" (this song is now called "The Eighth Day" ) have been changed.

You have to understand that the lyrics were written by Sascha, in 2001.
André can't relate to these lyrics, and therefore didn't have much fun singing them (understandable, no?). The kind of vocal melodies Sascha wrote/writes do not fit André's voice and preference.
Also, André's style of writing vocal melodies and lyrics is extremely different from Sascha's. It would have simply been too weird to keep the song how it was.
It would have been a song on the album that was just too different from the others.

I'm not saying we didn't like Sascha's vocals on The Escape, but André will have to sing the song for years to come (hopefully :) ), so he should be happy with it. And he is now. And so are the rest of the band.

I hope that makes sense.

We would like to ask you not to compare the new versions of the older songs to the old ones, but see them as new songs instead.

Also, the songs you all know right now are nothing more than fairly low quality demos. Especially now that we've finished recording the album, we surely don't take those demos too seriously anymore...
We would be surprised if people would prefer the demos over the album when it's out!

Dennis

Redelijk said:
Conrad says he saw us live in Zoetermeer and thinks it's a shame that the lyrics of "The Escape" (this song is now called "The Eighth Day" ) have been changed.

You have to understand that the lyrics were written by Sascha, in 2001.
André can't relate to these lyrics, and therefore didn't have much fun singing them (understandable, no?). The kind of vocal melodies Sascha wrote/writes do not fit André's voice and preference.
Also, André's style of writing vocal melodies and lyrics is extremely different from Sascha's. It would have simply been too weird to keep the song how it was.
It would have been a song on the album that was just too different from the others.

I'm not saying we didn't like Sascha's vocals on The Escape, but André will have to sing the song for years to come (hopefully :) ), so he should be happy with it. And he is now. And so are the rest of the band.

I hope that makes sense.

We would like to ask you not to compare the new versions of the older songs to the old ones, but see them as new songs instead.

Also, the songs you all know right now are nothing more than fairly low quality demos. Especially now that we've finished recording the album, we surely don't take those demos too seriously anymore...
We would be surprised if people would prefer the demos over the album when it's out!

Dennis

Dennis, I understand what you mean, but maybe I must give it another try when the cd is finished. But I am very used to the way Sascha sings that song.
Don't get me wrong, I like your music hahahahahhaha :)