Question for Mr. V

aLvArOx!

EvE y aLvArOx!
Dec 25, 2004
chile
Hi! I would like to ask to Andreas something about his drum software... I like the sound of the drums on Cosmic Genesis, and I have some songs written, but I can´t recorder my songs, I mean that I can record the guitars, bass and vocals, but I need a software to make drums, I need a good sound, very real sound of drums, If Vintersorg can tell me how he recorded the drums it would be very nice...I use Windows XP, and I can´t found a good software to program drums...please help me! Thanx!

Most people will sample out sounds of a real drum and use them on the drum machine.

But if you can't work that out, there are some pretty decent sounding drum machines out there. I can't name you one though, don't know them enough for that.

Reason is a good program to get. It has a butt load of synthesizers, effects, virtual hardware, and a very good drum sequencer with hundreds and hundreds of samples.

The first thing you should consider is if you can write out drum parts. Either in midi form or in actual sheet music (use Finale or some program similar to that). Then you can consider different programs to use. For my musical hobbies I've used Drum Kit from Hell, but there are many programs that will deliver similar results.