question for skyfire(serious this time)

AlphaTemplar

Morgan Freeman
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
Gaddy's thread on songwriting made me start thinking about Johan's being in Skyfire. Do you foresee him writing material/ influencing the soung of the band much?

[edit] Tell you Johan to drop by the forum so we can all give him a big Skyfire-Forum hug!

AlphaTemplar said:
Gaddy's thread on songwriting made me start thinking about Johan's being in Skyfire. Do you foresee him writing material/ influencing the soung of the band much?

[edit] Tell you Johan to drop by the forum so we can all give him a big Skyfire-Forum hug!

Well, Johan has told us from the start that his main priority will be Andromeda and we respect that. He is one of the main song writers in that band so most of the riffs he make will be found in their music. But since he is such a skilled guitarist, i hope he will throw in some riffs in Skyfire too .
Another thing about the new songs, is that Jocke has again contributed in the writing process. (He wrote some on Mind Revolution that can be found in Shapes of Insanity.)

Awesome, I'm pretty sure I read that Jocke listens to some spaced-out weirdass funkadelic stuff. And Shapes of Insanity kicks ass... For some reason it took a while to sink in, but I love it now.

If u didn´t know me and Martin starts to record and write a new Skyfirealbum next week. We will use Powernest studio for synths, guitars and bass. The rest will be recorded and mixed in Underground.
Also u can expect a new killeralbum from Chaos Feeds Life....releasedate? Hopefully just before christmas.....

Hot shee-it! Will we be able to buy the CFL album from some sort of official-y website or should we just turn to The End Records or Metaldisc?

Johan is going to be doing his recording from Underground then?

Gadlor said:
Hot shee-it! Will we be able to buy the CFL album from some sort of official-y website or should we just turn to The End Records or Metaldisc?

Johan is going to be doing his recording from Underground then?

We don´t know yet since we don´t have any contract....but i think that´s no problem.

If Johan play any guitar on the new album he will record in Powernest.

//Andreas

SkyfireAndreas said:
If Johan play any guitar on the new album he will record in Powernest.
//Andreas

Johan's a guitarist...what would he play on the album except guitar? Maybe he'll be doing the rump thump?

Better than the bum drum. Or the mom tom. or the mare snare.

or the ass bass. god knows how you'd pluck that.

miocene said:
What are the new songs like? More like Spectral or one of the other cd's? Or totaly different?

By judging of the songs (most of the stuff we have are like verse, bridge, refr and so on in a big mess) so far i guess it will be a more epic approach than on spectral. But at the same time there are more blast beating and more fast and agressive riffs kinda like the one in a dead mans race. Cant say more than that at the moment. Personally I hope we can get a good mix of all that Skyfire stands for plus add some new elements.

MC Hanner said:
By judging of the songs (most of the stuff we have are like verse, bridge, refr and so on in a big mess) so far i guess it will be a more epic approach than on spectral. But at the same time there are more blast beating and more fast and agressive riffs kinda like the one in a dead mans race. Cant say more than that at the moment. Personally I hope we can get a good mix of all that Skyfire stands for plus add some new elements.

Sounds great. What new elements are you thinking of? more prorgressive? guitar solos? occasional clean vox?

One of the awesome things about Skyfire is that they're dynamic; their albums don't sound the same nor do they sound like anybody else's.

Also, if you take the first letters from all the song titles on spectral (CESCAVAST) and rearrane them you get C ASS CAVTE, which is a shortened form of "see ass cavity". Anyone else noticed that?

J Mann said:
Sounds great. What new elements are you thinking of? more prorgressive? guitar solos? occasional clean vox?

maybe a little bit of all the ingredients you mentioned there, but we dont know yet. Im a sucker for progressive stuff so one or two songs will definately be fast, progressive and bombastic as hell.
well...im leaving Växjö now to record skyfire and CFL so i may not be able to reply as quick as before, but take care guys. I hope we´ll find a good solution to the label problem with skyfire soon but in the meantime you can watch out for the cfl minicd or whatever it will be. We will provide you with songs (or at least parts from them) from that recording in a couple of weeks or so. we havent decided what to do yet with cfl, its mainly a hangover project and as i told Sean (final vision) before a non-profite band. :p
Its all about the speed, image and beer.
So long!