Question for the band......or a request actually..

Wound

May 9, 2002
Visit site
Hail!

OK guys, I don't know how exactly to put this.. I guess i was just wondering how you got started as a band... I've pulled together a collection of people, we fired up a band, Crimson Tears (named before we even heard of Skyfire) Well anyway, we are starting to take off, we have hid in our own world long enough, we acquired keyboards now, it's a 6 piece band.

Just to say, at your level, it's everything i could want. you have a loyal fan following, such as us in the forum... the way i look at it, is if Crimson Tears can make one persons day, if one of our songs just strikes something...... then we are successful.. i'm not trying to suck up huge here, i am very serious, we would like to play with your band at some time in our lives.

So these may seem totally lame, but i know i can make it come true, i highly doubt this will be happening any time soon, but i'm gonna try my best to keep my eyes peeled for any other hope for a skyfire gig. Seeing how we in the USA, hopes for a show here are slim, unless Hammerheart is feeling lucky with Skyfire in the USA heh. I will work my ass off at work to make the money to fly to Sweden, or where ever we find this show.

So this is my request, just keep this thought in your head, i know most people will read this and laugh at me.. maybe even you might, so just go ahead give me a "go for it" or a "good luck" or maybe just a "rot in hell" ... anything, either way our band is gonna try our hardest to make as many people happy as we can..so take this post like any way you'd like... the official skyfire site is not up, i could not find an email address otherwise i would have just sent this to you.

And so i end my request, i know you are very busy, but any acknowledgment would work, thanks a lot to all of you

-Josh

Originally posted by Stygian Apothegm
so basically you want to play with skyfire? they have a hard enough time getting a gig. and i dunno how much 'pull' they would have to get you in one either.

anyway i once had this dream. then i realized it wont happen.

i dont expect them to go out of their way for a nameless band, but i still think it is possible.

Originally posted by neal
so put up some sound samples. i wanna hear this shit.
-neal

our only sample is from our first show off of a video, and we recently added keyboards, so i would hardly call it us heh.

Hello Wound!!!! I think it´s cool u guys want to play with us...just send me the sample u got and we´ll see what we can do :)
And if we don´t make a gig together, u r always welcome to Sweden for some serious beer and vodka drinking :headbang:

Originally posted by SkyfireAndreas
Hello Wound!!!! I think it´s cool u guys want to play with us...just send me the sample u got and we´ll see what we can do :)
And if we don´t make a gig together, u r always welcome to Sweden for some serious beer and vodka drinking :headbang:

Hey Andreas! alright, i have a song as i mentioned above, should i mail you a link? its kinda crusty, if you can give me an email address or something i'll explain more, we can easily get together some money and make a higher quality recording, (although it will be our first one) some members have expirence, thanks

Josh

hey if you are gonna give him an address send it to me too lol. i got a shitty demo you guys can pass around to those 'higher' people.

I'll keep you informed.

are you in a band now? i thought you only made personal recordings heh.

Our band will try to record on monday, we are probably going to set up one mic, we can actually get a decent sound if it is positioned correctly. :D

Originally posted by SkyfireAndreas

you're the man dude!!! i might have to send ya any records my band make, if we ever make any. and the swedish boozing sounds interesting to say the least :lol:

peter tagtgren didnt have a band when he made his demo...

I'm doin the same kinda thing right now. I've got a zoom recorder and i've been messin around with a few parts. I'm gonna try to get it put up when I'm done, get some feedback.

Originally posted by Stormrider586
I'm doin the same kinda thing right now. I've got a zoom recorder and i've been messin around with a few parts. I'm gonna try to get it put up when I'm done, get some feedback.

i do a lot of recording on my own, i usually get upset cause i can't get good drum tracks,, i can make them off my keyboard.. i would say i use my recordings with guitar/key more for expirments to show my band, but i'd like to go solo at some point also.