Question for the Brits...

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
Hey guys,

As I'm sure you all know, I'm a huge fan of classic British Metal. Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc, etc....
My question is this: Who should I be checking out these days? What band is in the British Metal underground that's going to blow me away? What's going to be the 'next big thing?'

Just curious....

-0z-

elmuchoescadawg said:
Panic Cell and Head-On. For nastier stuff Kingsize Blues and 4 way kill and Interlock are worth a look at as well

I saw Kingsize Blues last night at the Islington Bar Academey. They were fucking good!
Also Mendeed are worth checking out. To be honest tho, the British scene is quite dead at the moment, if you look at the top new guys in metl at the moment, their all either european or american, and personally im finding that the whole metal core thing is becoming extremely stale.

Just my 2 cents on it all:D

Edit: I forgot bout exit ten. I heard a track on a metal hammer cd, their defo worth checking out.

Gnats arse tight extreme stuff go for Gutworm.
Sludgy stoner go for The Inbreds.
"classic" metal stuff is probably Panic Cell or 4waykill.

The unsigned scene in the UK is amazing at the minute with so many good bands trying different things. You just have to look past the onslaught of metalcore stuff that is around at the moment.

I was gonna be cheeky and name my band but I'll wait till I've got to the heady heights of having at least 10 posts!!! :p

Gomez said:
Gorerotted are excellent too (IMO)
www.gorerotted.com

Gorerotted practised at my old rehearsal studios before they recorded their last album - bastards split beer all over my cab :err:

Bait are definately worth checking out - they're crust punk/metal. Their singer/guitarist Mid does artwork for a shit load of bands (including loads of Napalm Death's album covers), and he has one of the nastiest voices I've ever heard :D

Steve