Question for the guitarists of The Iron Maidens

IronMaidenfan1

New Metal Member
Dec 31, 2006
USA
I just have a quick question for the guitarists of The Iron Maidens. What kind of gear do you women use to get the same sound as Adrian Smith/ Dave Murray?

gear talk and quick question - hello chicago???!!! heheheh - i could talk gear all day :kickass:

yeah, h and murray both have amazing tones huh - live and in the studio. quite different but they shake hands very nicely. i also like what janick has added sonically recently. even tho they all use similiar strats they each get a unique sound so it's way thick.
tho i don't use marshalls like the boys, i set my mesa triple rec to warm tube settings and like 60% gain. dave has a very fluid style, and the majority of the time i will use the neck p/u for solos. i have emg 81/89 in my custom vertigo strat, charvel/jackson, and b.c. rich - they sound great with the mesa.
i use two line6 stomps - the green and the blue one. anything after powerslave i'll usually run the slapback patch for most of the song to get that processed sound. for clean i've got a cool flanger patch that i also use on beast. i was thinking about trying the small stone to take up less pedal board room tho....